Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Four in one

Sailorman

Got this nice combo in one spot. Considering this is an old FL park the coins are a bit unusual. A 1938 Australian Half Penny, two 1932 Canadian Pennies and my favorite a 1944 silver United States of America / Filipinas 20 Centavos. Now the headscrather is how they got there? I love stuff like this.

I've done a little cleaning with baking soda. The silver was so cruddy I didn't even know what I had untill I started cleaning.

Was using the Ultimate 13 and got a jumpy warbling high tone. Almost sounded trashy since this place has lots of shallow aluminum trash but the depth was a little too deep and the mixed up tones a little too sweet. Glad I dug it!

I found one of those 20 centavos pieces in Wv. Knew what I had when it came out of the dirt as I had one in my box of coins that I had picked up from various places while in the Navy. I wondered if it was possible that the previous home owner (now deceased) may have been in the PI during WW-II. Also found one rosie and two mercs in the same yard. It was a very good hunt.

Florida is a magnet for Canadians escaping the cold so I am not surprised that you would find Canadian coins in a old public park. They look like they were not in circulation very long before they were lost. I love digging those mixed up signals they are always a surprise. If I were to drop a few $1.00 and $2.00 Canadian coins in a Florida park or beach I wonder if they would get pick up as the signal is so strong like a aluminum can.
I live next to a park here in Canada and I have found coins from the US , British, euros and even an NYC transit token.
Unless the ground thaws here my next detecting will be in Fl in March and I will be digging those all signals above iron.
Thanks for sharing

Minas man

Very nice finds! Congrats! :clapping: Now if I could see more of that older stuff. (Looks in mirror!) :surprised:

HH