Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Franklin Relic Show

Nemo

Just attended the FRS and it is beginning to suck. Most of the artillery relics were of low quality and a significant number of WW1, WW2 and later "relics" (uniforms and non-dug items) have begun to show up!! This stinks. Many antique gun shows limit the age of what can be displayed. Why can't "Civil War" relic shows display only material produced before 1900 and replicas of this material. Luftwaffe uniforms are not worth the 8 hour drive I have to make to attend.

I have also begun to see the number of smaller vendors is down and this year only a single vendor had metal detectors on display. A few years back there were a number.

Also there was no CW band as there were at past shows.

Beginning to be fed up. Any other opinions?

Dave Poche aka "Nemo"

Yeah I went too. 30 min. drive for me so I was ok.
Show was ok.
I did find out a General NBF reunion badge I have is worth 1000 bucks. :)

Yeah here's what the promoter advertized the show as:

"The Middle Tennessee Civil War Show and Sale has grown from a small gathering of Civil War enthusiasts and relic hunters in 1986 to become the largest Civil War show in the country, now featuring over 1000 tables of authentic Civil War relics, artifacts and memorabilia from the nation's top dealers and collectors. Attracting thousands of attendees from all 50 states, this show is the "must attend" event on every history buffs calendar. "

This appears to be the description of the old Nashville show. There were certainly NOT A THOUSAND TABLES OF AUTHENTIC CIVIL WAR RELICS there. Table rental seem to have gone up and entrance fee has gone up $1 over last year.

Nemo

Man, Dave, really sorry to hear that. I was planning on going this year if things hadn't gotten so hectic. I don't have near as far to go as you do, but if that's what's changed since it moved from Nashville, I really understand your disgust. Sounds like someone really needs to let the organizers know how they need to do better or a lot of people are going to stop coming.