Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fred UK where are your posts ?

A

Anonymous

Hello Fred, makes a long long time since we haven't seen one of your posts. In France, at least on the west coast, the sand is still too high for finding gold, I have spent 10 days at the beach at different times since october, no gold not even a silver ring !

That's odd I nearly posted a message to you asking how you were getting on.
I was thinking about coming across to France for some decent detecting. I have had four gold rings this year, all in the last couple of weeks and I doubt if they weigh 5 grams between them. The only plus side is that one was 22ct and dated around 1870 and one 18ct one with an unusual hallmark.
At the moment it is freezing and far too slippery to detect safely, even on the beach! Still as I can't get to work and I can't detect I am doing quite a lot of my domestic jobs.
E-mail me if you fancy a day out in the Pays de Calais or Belgium.
Regards
Fred

hi fred ,where abouts do you hunt,im new to the forum and mostly work the s.wales beaches ,good finds are very thin on the ground lately..mike

Yeah it happens Mike and usually Christmas through to Easter. It's just a case of keeping your eyes open for local opportunities and being patient. I'm still getting quite a lot of coins but the rings and things are a bit sparse.
I like some of the South Wales beaches although I've only done them intermittently? What machine are you using?
Fred

As the name implies im using a goldguest ss v2, [picked it up from eric foster last year] so ive no excuse about lack of depth, what are you using?
im also thinking of a good disc machine, any recommendations?
Correct me if im wrong but did i read a few posts .of you detecting french beaches?
due to ferry delay i spent a few hours working the beach in le touquet [40 mls west of calais] but had to give up after a while due to constantly digging ww11 bullets, really makes you think what those troops must have went through. any recommendations on british/french beaches .what part of the country are you from.
mike.