Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Freddy's First PI Hunt

A

Anonymous

G,day all,I finally got to test out my Sea Hunter MkII down the beach on Sun.I arrived at the beach at 6.00am & it was still pitch black.I brought along a small torch to light my way,I turned my detector on at the entrance way down to beach which was a sand track.The first target was a old s/cap,then another& more followed,by the time i had walked the path down to the beach i had dug 10 targets already & all were trash.I did up sweep up on the back of the beach this where the older people seem to sit partialy shaded,then i got a different tone on a target,it sounded mellow,i dug with my handscoop 2 scoop fulls until i reach my target it was a $1 coin at about 4in
deep then a few more coins followed after this but then it went quite i was digging trash by the hand full.
Finally the sun rose so i could actually see what i was digging.I decided to hit the water & try my luck I walked out to about my knee level & started to search the "Hardcompacted Sand" I got a hit a real clear tone so i lowered my Hand scoop down into the water & pushed as hard as I could to retrieve that target,after about 7 bloody tries I finally retrieved a piece of rusty wire that was deep.I stood in my hole that i dug & it was about 1 ft higher than my knees.It appeared that the wire kept slipping through the slits in my scoop.Next target found was a bobby pin these come in real clear,not as deep as rusty wire.Then i got another high note tone it turned out to be a silver earing that was black so shes not a rescent drop,i had my arm at full lengh & my face in the water to reach the earing.I was out in the water for about 2.5hrs then the daily crowd arrived so it was time to pack up leave.I had a look at my trash that was dug there was about 40 s/caps 20 bottle tops not many pulltabs but& its amazing how small the objects it picks up,like bobby pins, rusty nails, old staples.My coin count was $1x4,50c,20cx3,2c-Silver earing,2 keys.$5.12
Monday morning i went to another beach not as early but i waited until day break & searched for about 3hrs.I dug heaps more trash but did find more coins today than Sundays effort in less time.I found in total $2x5,$1,20c,10cx2,5cx2-Silver spoon,Silver bangle at the waters edge about 7" deep that impressed me, nothing fancy but a deep find never the less,& a old key,Digital Camera Tripod.$11.70
First impression of PI unit hard to use,because of the delay & different tones than my VLF,but after todays effort i like it!
p.s Long handled scoop on its way this week!! thank god
Freddy (Aus)

Keep plugging Freddy it will get better. When you get your surf scoop, try hunting deeper. The lighter weight trash accumulates more closer to shore as it is lighter. Look forward to seeing your loot, good luck.