Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Free site tip for you trollers, and thrill seekers .

Using Google satilite map of rivers in northern lower mi I found what might be a site of a life time, I was looking at rivers to metal detect for the winter months because all lakes are frozen . And I came across a big party spot on a river , so big the Rangers have been talking about closing it due to erosion . I've decided this would be too much for me to take on , so here are the clues , it's a river in between Baldwin , manistee , and mesick , mi, it is named after an evergreen tree. You will need a Huron Manistee National Park permit, a canoe or kayak, or a four wheel drive and hiking shoes. This river flows into the backwaters of a dam, which flows into another river that flows to Lake Michigan. There is no easy access, and this is obviously a water hunt, with a steep sandy embankment on one side. I recommend a deep seeking metal detector because of the sandy bottom at times, as well as the sandy embankment should you choose to hunt it as well. This site needs to be done either in spring or late fall because there will be no room due to overcrowding from partyers. I'm not trying to pull anybody's leg. I just think it would be worth someone's time if they feel adventurous and has the physical stamina to take it on. Good luck!

And I better let you know that in this national forest system , metal detecting is very limited to beaches , access sites and swim areas , and you can only keep coins and jewerly 50 years or less . Once you find the river , and zoom in with satilite map on the spot , you might like it and want to go for a boat ride or 4×4 two track ride , and a hike down a 160 foot sand dune , they ride their canoes down it at times, be careful ! I would not boat down the river with your waders on, but the site seems to be a big shallow area . Probably to much work for most, I'd find a buddy and do it , but I have surgery comming up . It would be great to get a post from a detectorist who gave this a shot and found some good targets.