Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

French toast(ed) on Spanish silver....

Barry NY

That Florida "expert" who runs the "I'm the guru just trust what I say" forum has their disciples running rampant about the Deus this and Deus that...

Now I own a Deus - it has it's place...and I've owned it probably longer (here is the USA) than everyone except for about 5 brave souls that bought from France...I was shipped on the first order that came into the USA from the USA importer..And yes....I've put the hours in...probably over 400 detecting hours - I know that machine and I know it's limitations and it's uses...but it's been heralded as the fastest gun in the north, south, east and west for separating out iron..

Well - Folks - there's a new Sheriff in town:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--YUosiui8E[/video]

When we hunt in iron infested sites, which I do, we tune our ears to hear that little chirp, just like the one the Deus gave off.
Can the Deus tune out the iron grunt like the DT?

As far as the 'guru', no need for that. Check under your saddle Barry.

Thanks for the vid, its making me hungry. Its an Interesting comparison. The single tone on the smart seems to have enhanced that signal more than 2-tone. It even sounded better than the Deus' signal. I have to say Ive owned my Deus since march '12, and I would have dug that chirpy signal in a heart beat. Now that I have a smart, some decent weather and field time will separate the men from the boys.

Hi Terry.........
Although these videos are VERY informative for many reasons including actually listening to tonal reactions of machines in different modes and with different targets - they do pose the problem of swinging over a known target which is NOT mimicking real world field detecting...

Realistically speaking - swinging in a normal way while walking your site (unless crawling through the iron) - you would need a "chirpy" signal to really jump out at you to have you even stop and investigate.....this goes for EVERY machine out there...I'm not putting down the Deus in this example...the same could be said for the DeepTech - although that single tone mode really grabbed the coin..there was no doubt it was there....

Terry(Mi) said:
Thanks for the vid, its making me hungry. Its an Interesting comparison. The single tone on the smart seems to have enhanced that signal more than 2-tone. It even sounded better than the Deus' signal. I have to say Ive owned my Deus since march '12, and I would have dug that chirpy signal in a heart beat. Now that I have a smart, some decent weather and field time will separate the men from the boys.

Hi Steve...
The Deus was set on Deus Fast. The Iron Vol level is default to 3.
If you set the Iron Vol level to 0 - you do eliminate any Iron tones completely...that's worth investigating - thanks.

Steve O said:
When we hunt in iron infested sites, which I do, we tune our ears to hear that little chirp, just like the one the Deus gave off.
Can the Deus tune out the iron grunt like the DT?

What was the reactivity set at on the Deus?

Only in an iron patch with allot of nails.