Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frequencie offset

lumacurve

Hello all, Still learning the V3i If I use frequencie offset to eliminate EMI around power lines, electric fences, ect. and then the next day hunt a farm field that would have no EMI should I set my offset back to 0 or does it make a differance?

Yes, set the frequency offset for the quietest operation for each site. I have my basic program, after I make changes for a certain site, if I go to a different site I hit restore to start with my basic program again. That way I don't have to quess how many changes I made.

Thanks Rob. Great tip to hit restore.

Bob

Once you have your base program worked out you save it. Then you go out hunting and make changes. Each time you start your hunt you hit restore and your favorite program is ready to go with no changes made.

If you have off set + it will have effect in smaller targets since frequencies effects as high freq effects the smaller and lower effects the larger targets. 2.5 then for big targets and high conductive and 7.5 a bit smaller and all around performance and 22.5 for lower conductive targets and smaller.

Best Frequency to Use is determined not only by metal content, but also size and thickness. For thicker coins with high silver content there is no question that 2.5 kHz will hit harder than 22.5 kHz. For US nickels 22.5 kHz will hit hardest. 22.5 kHz may also work best on small thin coins, even those with high silver content, due to skin effect. High frequency may also work best on low silver content coinage. 7.5 kHz is typically better on copper coins. Test the detector for the items you want to find.