Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frequencies

John (Ma)

I see the Deus runs individual frequencies, correct?

Can you run more than one frequency at a time? If so, can you pick which ones, all or singal?

Thanks

It runs one at a time but you can pick which one. The frequencies are 4 kHz, 8 kHz, 12 kHz and 18 kHz

You can save programs for example I run alot here in the use at Freq 8. I will save the same program right next to it with freq 4. You can switch them with one push of a button

Basically, when you run Noise Cancel on a MineLab you are picking a frequency that work best for your current location and not running the Full Band of Frequencies all of the time. That's why some people on the forum have written that they have manually picked a Noise Channel and notice it seems like they are getting more depth - They have basically changed the operating frequency.

DukeOBass said:
Basically, when you run Noise Cancel on a MineLab you are picking a frequency that work best for your current location and not running the Full Band of Frequencies all of the time. That's why some people on the forum have written that they have manually picked a Noise Channel and notice it seems like they are getting more depth - They have basically changed the operating frequency.

According to MineLab, a detector with FBS technology simultaneously transmits and analyses 28 different frequencies from 1.5 to 100 KHz. I don't know how many different models have FBS technology but the Safari does for sure. I have no way to test this statement to be true or a gross exaggeration by MineLab.
I'm hoping that ML is more ethical than that!

How else would you explain the change in Target ID numbers on the CTX? When you change frequencies the ID numbers also changes. You can see that fact on the Deus as well as in the different selections on the CTX. They make use of the full band of useful metal detecting frequencies below 100kHz, and can transmit all of them into the ground, but can't use them all of them or the machine would be unstable. Noise cancel blocks out some of the frequencies that cause a MineLab to "chatter" at a particular site and may use them but block others at the next site. The detector will then "read" the target or allow it to "pass" via a low pass filter if it's of a certain strength and frequency that's why the machine will null out and can miss good targets when large iron is present. When using discrimination or "nulling out" targets of certain read-out values, these target aren't allowed to "pass" the filter and register on the machine. Therefore, you are not receiving a full band of spectrums at the processing board.

It's the physics of the electromagnetic field and frequency pulse interactions. It's how an MRI machine can look at tissues of different characteristics. They protons in the body respond to differently to different frequencies and so it is with metal targets.