Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

frequency question

rarysgaard

i've been park hunting using only the fast program & 18 KZ frequency. I'm lookig for gold & silver jewelry. Any imput or siggestions for other programs or frequencies for what i'm afert?

Hi Bob, 18khz is perfect for what your looking for. I hunt primarily in 12khz, but that is just my preference. 18 should be more sensitive to gold but I think 12 is a gold all-around frequency for just about every kind of hunting that I do. One thing you might try is slowing your recovery speed. Deus Fast is a great program but it can cut down on your depth in our local parks here in MN. I find that a slower recovery speed and less Disc are key to getting that extra depth. I don't know if you are primarily working on fresh drops, in which case depth wouldn't matter to you, but I generally hunt in 12khz, reactivity @1-2 and zero disc with audi set up the way I like it. I'll show you all this when I meet with you here soon. Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this helped at least somewhat. -Marc

PS I think your doing a great thing by really learning Deus Fast as I'm sure you'll be using that program a lot when you head across the puddle soon

Living across the pond and being one of the very first users of the Deus I can assure you that Deus Fast has found me more finds than any other setting.

GMP at 12 kHz is also a good setting.

Magic machine..:thumbup: Jerry.

I am a huge fan of 12 myself. Great balance of the two. Your reactivity speed has a bearing on depth. Even at 1 it faster than most machines and gets great depth!

The switch program buttons work just like a gas peddle.
I mostly run on basic 1 12 kHz for clean areas, then switch to GMP for moderate iron and to Deus Fast for heavy iron.
That said I've had some nice sparkles on the basic 2 8 kHz program, again in clean surroundings and whilst searching for coinage.

Dedicated for small sparkly stuff, 18 kHz definitely.

Thanks for all the great advice. I will eliminate the littlle discrimination I use and slow down my reactivity which I normally run at 5. I was out hunting today & bumped up the sensitivity to 95 from my normal 86. I found it to be much more sensitve yet still stable.