Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frequency vs depth question.

A

Anonymous

The MXT uses 14 kHz and the other Whites (except for DFX) use 6.592 kHz. What is the difference in depth one could expect under identical conditions with the different frequencies? Thanks in advance.

And somebody please correct me if I am, but my understanding is that the frequency doesnt really play a part in overall depth. Its more a matter of sensitivity. Meaning that higher frequencies tend to be MORE sensitive to gold. In a sense that ought to add greater depth for objects in that range, but it doesnt enhance the overall depth of the machine...does that make sense?

I think you are right MIG. That is the way I understood it to be.

Mig, For the most part you are correct, but frequency DOES influence the depth issue where soil mineralization is high. Higher frequencies cannot cope with high levels of soil mineralization as well as lower frequencies. Thus, higher frequency machines require a reduction in sensitivity to be able to be used in "bad" ground. Otherwise your comments are correct. Hope this helps; HH Jim

I am a MXT user and have been hunting a heavily
mineralized civil war location. bullets often read as beltplates and the droop wing eagle I found also read as a beltplate Often bullets read as iron. As I
am hunting with high sensitivity can this problem be corrected simply by lowering it, and if so how low
HH Dwayne

another thang to consider is filter operation the mxt is a 2 filter machine .2 filer gets very good deepth but gets less the more minerlized the ground is an dosnet have as good as pulling power when grounds get bone dry.Most of the whites machines are 4 filter giving a machine more deepth in higher minerlized soils an pulling power.