Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

From a bust...To a BUST!

Bell-Two

My friend Doug and I got out Saturday,the first stop was a bust, cornstalks and weeds too high to swing a coil. Next stop was across the road which was my original field site where I got started, nothing going on there either. We went to a third site where I did manage a Eagle button a bale seal and a couple of bits. We decided we had time for one more field, the field I call the Mystery field. I told Doug we may not find a coin but if we do it will be a good one. I found a clay marble and I was pleased and then I got a scratchy high tone and I was able to pull out this beat up, tarnished slip of silver! It is a Capped Bust Half Dime. The front is beat up and I will never get a date but I am happy nevertheless!

[video]https://youtu.be/tN9WjiuWB7E[/video]

Persistence pays off.
WTG on a great find.
Congrats

nice finds at least you have enough detail to know its a capped bust coin size would seem to say a half dime half reale or trime if there was no detail..

Hey you're getting it dug. Nice Tony