Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

From Russia with love:smoke:

draaiorgel

These coins must have been in the sand for a good 20 years as they were heavily encrusted, so much so that they were each around 3/16" - 1/4" thick.
Boy they took some cleaning just to get them to this state, but for us they were entirely different.
That's half the fun not knowing what your gonna get next.

[attachment 92570 russianselection.JPG]
[attachment 92571 russian2.JPG]

Cool finds!!!

Nice, I got some old cccp's also.

Cool coins. I haven't found one in the states yet. Still :detecting: for one.

Fab coins!

When I was in Scotland all those years ago I remember that every packet of wooden matches I got was stamped made in USSR or possibly CCCP. We were not supposed to bring them back on the submarine but I did manage to sneak on a few as well as more than a few Cuban cigars, several of which were confiscated by an over ambitious cutoms agent who tried to turn it into an incident. I sure hope he enjoyed my stale Cubans. My boat was not stationed in Dunoon (Holy Loch) but we broke down up by the Artic Circle and limped into the Firth of Clyde. You can read about our mission that summer in the book "Blind Man's Bluff."

Chris

Some different coins their. Cwilk you should have put some firecrakers in those cigars that customs agent took from you.:yikes:

Very nice coins my friend. You done good. Cleaned up pretty nice also. The volcanic soil here cruds coins up like that. I have to tumble them forever to get them clean.

Bill