Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Front Yard Pocket Spill

So I figured when I got home after work, I didnt have much time to go anywhere and since my house was built in '42 I thought I would hit the front yard for a little bit. Ran the SE Pro and got a hit that was all over the place. Signal was real jumpy but deep so I when I dug down, to my surprise, out came my first buffalo. Too crusty for a date but I stuck the pointer back in and it kept ringing. Out came 3 more nickels all from '41 ,then my first Merc which is too rough to date. I think it says 194? and lastly a Wheat penny too rough to date. Not bad for 15 minutes of time and some instant "firsts" for me. Hopefully I can find a few more gems in my yard.

Now that's a good find! :clapping: Those deep spills and stacks of multidenom coins are often dismissed as junk! You did good!
Mud

Great spill !! :cheers:And I think your merc dime is from the teens .. 1918 maybe ?

Great finds Congrats

BillF said:
Nice, is that the way most coins come out where you live?

Not really, its a bit rare. I almost did not dig it but due to the age of my place, I figured what the heck. Already pulled a silver Rosie and a war nickel in the back yard plus at least 5 bucks in clad all of them were solid signals.

McDave said:
Great spill !! :cheers:And I think your merc dime is from the teens .. 1918 maybe ?

At that angle you might be right, when looking at it before the pic I thought it was a 4 there.