Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frustrated with Fisher

JMT Detectors

I called Fisher today and was not happy with what I was told. I tried to explain to F*lix (the initial person I talked to on the phone) at Fisher what was happening with my First Texas CZ3D. This is a used 2010 model detector I that I just purchased the middle of last year and had it completely quit sounding on targets the 2nd time out . Fisher had just recently worked on this detector and something very much had killed its performance . F*lix then connected me with the technician who had worked on it earlier when I sent it to Fisher. The technician (D*niel) said that factory specification was 8-9

Send it to Tom he's the man I hear that can get that thing super deep and his cost ain't all that bad from what I hear!!

88junior said:
Send it to Tom he's the man I hear that can get that thing super deep and his cost ain't all that bad from what I hear!!

He only works on the older ones. FWIW Mike Scott is talking to the techs about this issue from what ive read.

Why only the older ones?? What's the difference I wonder? Heck if it's the warranty I would still send it to him and throw my warranty out the window cause I have read that when he tunes them it's like a whole new detector!!

It was sent to T*m after Fisher had worked on it and would only hit on a clad dime@ 8.2". I sent it to him to truely verify it's performance. How would you every know what you were missing in the ground? Lets face it, most places we hunt now days were picked over 20-30 yrs. ago. They were making good detectors back then, I know, I was using them. Today you need any edge you can get to find the older stuff. I have other detectors but was very impressed with the CZ3D when it was working correctly. Otherwise, it wouldn't be such an issue. Thanks...John

Tom D has stated he does not repair CZ as he does not carry parts. and does NOT claim he can make them deeper.

He does recalibrate them and some have had depth increases but
the objective is to ID properly with clean tones and run stable..

This is nice to know and I hope the First Texas gets their head right. I love using my husbands CZ-3D and want to get a CZ-5 or 3D so he can have his back, but that will have to wait till I am un-banned and able to post to the classified again.

Bump.

After doing a beach test with my CZ21 this weekend. I would be very upset if i had to send my machine in and it didn't come back with the same performance. Untill i can compare it with other CZs. I dont know if it just my machine or all that are this deep. I asked for people to post who calibrated there machines from Fisher on diffrent fourms. Maybe some techs do a better job ?

My understanding is parts are no longer available so since they are interchangeable, Fisher will use the CZ-21 parts to service CZ-20s. Its not really a better tech issue. Also CZ-20 guys prefer that over the 21 much in the way CZ-3d 1021 is favored over new models. If you need an adjustment some non-Fisher people can do that- its not like you need to worry about the warranty. If you REALLY want a CZ-20 and yours goes down you'll have to look for a used one that works well enough to make you happy. At least that's how I see it.
Tom

Tom, mine is a 21 built in 2010 IE a new built machine.

I just want to address the idea of the magic 12

I feel for you where you had a hot unit and now you have a far from hot unit.

I'm in an engineering field too and have worked tolerance / performance issues ... and well; enough said.

Let us know if anything in the situation changes.

Again, I feel for you where you had a hot unit and now you have a far from hot unit.
tvr

I have been a computer tech for 18 years. You can have the VERY same model computer with the EXACT same specs and one will be faster than the other. Just like detectors, you can have the EXACT same model and one will be deeper than the other. ALL an electronics company can do is have a SET set of SPECS they KNOW they can hit EVERY time. So you had a hotter machine. I did before also. For them to have to test and retest every component in a machine to make it hot is just unfeasable. GIVE THEM A BREAK,. They just can't make every person happy.

AND the older CZ3D's were made different than the new ones. Tom D knows that and even though they have the same model number, they have different components.

I am standing up for First Texas BECAUSE I know electronics. One chip can be a better performer than another of the exact same make. How do you expect them to go through EVERY component in a circuit board to make sure you have the ones that test better than others? They can't make money that way. That is WHY they have a set guideline. I had a CZ-20 that ROCKED. I don't think my CZ-21 is as deep as the 20. I also have talked to Felix and Daniel a LOT of times. When I first came on this forum 3 years ago, I got deleted. I was so upset at First Texas I could have flown there and raised cain.

BUT

I really believe they have tried their best to be a lot better company. AT least First Texas didn't abandon the Fisher owners and took all warranties and every machine. I really am sorry if your machine doesn't perform the way it used to. And I don't have a good answer as to how to make it better.
There was a reason your hot unit also died. That could be the component that failed was making it hotter and outside their specs and thats the reason it failed. BUT that is just a possibility

Scuba i here what you are saying and if it was a inch or so i would agree
but to lose 3 or 4 inches is not acceptable.

I also agree from a post that thy just changed the complete circuit board rather than fix
the original board and that's were the big loss is coming from.