Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frustrated

hang7575

I have had this thing for 2 1/2 years and finally decided to UPGRADE to the V3i, never had a problem finding stuff in the menu before the upgrade. Trying to get to expert menu screen that that allows live search screen adjustments. Read manual etc etc and only thing I get when I highlight expert menu and hit enter is back to information screen . Actually regret getting the upgrade liked it the way it was, I use single freq 7.5 alot and now with same settings it is noisier than before

I had posted in the past that it would be great if you could hook the V3i up to your computer so you could see the menu all at once like a spreed sheet and go in and program it make changes, save that on your computer and reload it at anytime. I think I got shot down by a few on this forum and I had no problem with that. It took me two months to really get the V3i to work for me and even no at times I go out and it won't work in an area and I try and reprogram it...when it does work, it is a dream machine!

Sometimes have to go and grab my other detector (that is a turn on and go) and it works fine and is a very powerful detector. I love having both detectors even no the V3i has a lot of ways to look at a target they really don't help me decide to dig or not to dig. I wish that Whites did offer some way that would give me an edge but the detector itself is a work or art and it is very powerful and when it works for the area I am hunting I am a happy camper.

The one thing that they did that works for me is to be able to tell a crown cap from a quarter..Man I can come home with ten bucks just from quarters at some parks and schools. Of course as with all the detectors out there that I have used or read about the gold, foil and pull tabs seems to and will always be a problem...you just have to dig and hope you find some gold. When a company gets that problem solved or gives us a way better chance at being able to tell a gold ring from trash then the detecting world will for me on fire. Finding silver with the V3i is also great and I am trusting it more for relic hunting in iron.

But maybe Whites will be able to solve that problem of gold and trash! We have been able to hunt in iron and unmask a lot more targets and that is a big jump forward for us. So I can only hope that before I get too much older (I am only 55):nopity: that we will all be out there finding gold and truly able to make money from our finds or coming home a seeing our gold finds in our cases...

To get back to you question...yes the menu is a bit hard for me to navigate and I get lost or have to come home or take my manual with me. The V3i is not for everyone you have to have the right mindset to understand it and how to program it. When a book comes out that can really help some of us find those missing ajustments to give us more power or unmasking or what ever then at least for me I maybe able to get even more out of this machine..But with all the gifted smart hunters on this forum for the most part I don't feel like I am ever to far away from being able to get help.

The menu works exactly the same before and after the upgrade. You would have to give the steps that are giving you a problem.

As far as the detector being noisier, the V3i is actually quite a bit quieter than the V3. You must have a setting changed that you don;t realize.

Low Boy,

the Spectra detectors use the same menu structure as your computer. It it no more difficult to navigate than you PC.

I had posted in the past that it would be great if you could hook the V3i up to your computer so you could see the menu all at once like a spreed sheet and go in and program it make changes, save that on your computer and reload it at anytime. I think I got shot down by a few on this forum and I had no problem with that.
I don't think you were being shot down, I just think it is not that useful. For starters when most changes would be made you wouldn't have your computer. I also know I could make the changes faster without the computer than you could using the computer and then loading it to the detector. I haven't heard much about the loss of the the ability to communicate between detectors lately. Truth is it wasn't used much by many users and that is why it isn't missed.

I don't think your hope to recognize gold will happen in my lifetime. The reason people find silver jewelry is because it falls in the coin range.

To enable the expert menu, it is the same as the V3. To start, menu twice to get the expert menu. Go down to Configure>Menu, and check Expert only. From here on out, the 6 block menu will no longer come up.

Low Boy, does this help? Not item specific as that's already been documented elsewhere, but this is the general flow of the menu.
Program: For program options. So, if you want to change programs, restore, delete, copy, etc, you go to program
Discrimination: These are all the discriminate options - accept/reject VDIs, hot rocks, bottle cap reject
Audio - anything related to audio: Setting up volume, balance, VDI tones, all metal, mixed mode, discriminate audio, VCO
Tracking - track stuff like auto track or lock track, inhibit, offsets
Frequency: frequency options - single and which one or 3 frequency, how VDIs are calculated best data or correlate and the options with those
Filter: Filter selection, and a couple other things
Sensitivity: Disc sens and all metal sens, rx gain, tx boost - those things that deal with how sensitive the machine is.
Configuration: Screen displays, menu options, battery selections, - the basic selections on how to set up the rest of the machine.

Thebeepgoeson made a spreadsheet (based off the one in our user's manual) that has the different menu sections highlighted - linked from the reference links. Earthmansurfer also made a pretty nice list.

I do understand what you are saying..it is just the way my twisted mind works and I know if I put in more time learning the menu I will be better off. Gold yes it would take Nasa and a lot of money to get that on a machine.

You are all very kind with you help and time..Thanks

Got it had to scroll up to get what I was looking for. I will say the 3 freq Relic program is much better than the old one ,Have to figure out that single frequency noise.