Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frustration on the beach yesterday

Johnho

I was at Sunset Beach, NC yesterday with my ATX. Was getting a good signal when lady approaches me and want's to know if I am looking for sand crabs and sea life. I said no, looking for jewelry and coins. She hung around a bit and I dug up a wire sparkler from the sand. I took it over too her and said no jewelry but I maybe saved someone from stepping on this. She said thanks that I was cleaning up the beach. A bit later another guy comes over while I'm digging. He wants to chat. I'm fine with that as I keep on digging. finally left without finding signal as he was talking too much. A bit later a father and his kids come up to me and want to know what I'm doing. I take the time to tell them as I hate to discourage kids questions. I show them the sparkler wire and go on. I return to my seat and watch the sharks that are not there. Oh well, it was pretty hot anyway. I JUST WANT PEACE AND QUIET. Ha. I played golf today and no one bothered me.

Ahhh! Meddling kids! I always have kids come up and ask me tons of questions about what I'm doing, what I'm looking for, etc. and after a while parents come up and give me some look like I'm trying to kidnap them or something! Hey, if you're brave...there's no one to bug you if you go in the water...just saying.

So typical! When the younglns arrive, I head for deeper waters, or take my headset off for a few seconds and tell them I can't hear them, or I head towards wide open spaces with no people.:rant:

It's funny with me. I don't mind the kids really. I like to drop a coin or something on the ground and let them listen. They go away pretty fast. I once had a little brother and sister follow me down the beach. I got a hit and let the girl dig around for it. Out comes a quarter. I let her keep it but then knew had to find something for the brother. Ha. I finally threw a coin ahead of us and let him dig it up. They went away happy and Mom and Dad were happy as I walked the little buggers back to the parents while we were looking. It's the adults that get me. Kids are ok, they are cute and really interested. Adults want to know all about the stuff you have found. I don't have time for that. Kids are in the here and now only.