Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frustration

DrJoeprime

I hope I've attracted you new users to this post.

I've been there...so frustrated in the beginning. The Deus is like a teacher or professor telling you things, important things. But the teacher is talking real fast and assumes you know a lot already. Unfortunately you don 't ...so you need to slow the teacher down and repeat things so you are comfortable with the information.

First few times out go with BASIC 1 or Basic 2 and see what happens. If it's too chatty turn down the sensitivity to 85 ...to 80 ... whatever feels comfortable. The point of the first few hunts is to get to KNOW your machine ...finding things is a bonus of course...but you got to learn.

Then as you gain confidence you can up the discrimination. For me..for most coin and jewelery hunts I can keep the disc at about 40 for the 18K. Suddenly it gets quieter and the hits are more important.

Get the hours under your belt...DON'T change any parameter unless you know EXACTLY what effect it will have! There is no better way to get confused and frustrated.

This is not a MAGIC detector that will tell you what's down there at a foot's depth. But as you learn more and more about what it is telling you...you will be amazed at how much it is telling you....and how close to that foot you can reach!

Bottle caps (crown caps, beer caps) will give you the easily recognized scratchy high tone (after your ear is trained). If you are impatient and want to work some of those areas now before you can recognize the scratchiness...then use the 4K Hz freq. Quarters will show mid 80's and crown caps low to mid 90's. It is AMAZING!

Good luck everybody.

Regards, Joe (California)

wicked post
what dju you guys think? honestly giving the basic1 programm some iron volume is a much easyer way to suss round iron

Good post
I have been using the Deus for at least nine months and have had frustration at times
I found I have had to pull back on the reigns at times
You are correct the deus is a teacher
You need to walk before you run
It becomes more part of you within time
I found that you need to be patient
Swing low and slow
You won't miss much
And I am still learning and feeling that anticipation before every outing

You know what is amazing too? I've had the Deus for about 15 months and every single hunt is exciting and a learning experience.

For example I have a landfill site very close to home and I've detected that place without mercy (with the Fisher F-4) and then gave up on it. Recently with the Deus it is like a brand new site! Most of the time I need the DEUS FAST program because there are a handful of targets per swing.

Also on the beach in the dry sand with the DRY SAND program modded to 18K and disc upped to 40. Yesterday I got this 98 and I dug and dug not wanting to give up. Digging is rough because it's a scoop. Well I did get the target..it was a foil packaged drink container...at....24". It did take some of my energy away but I needed to finally retrieve it! There are a lot of those I haven't retrieved. The key there is target size. The foil container was like a half sheet of writing paper in size..8" X 5". A good deep target will be more similar to a coin size...50C piece probably the most likely biggest. I did retrieve a couple more 98's down over a foot deep...one was a nickle and the other a super-corroded clad quarter. Really can't ignore those coin sized 98's.

Love my Deus!

Regards, Joe (California)