Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Full face masks?

ZOFCHAK

Anyone using them? Holding the regulator for long hunts is downright uncomfortable and I would like to find a somewhat affordable full mask that works well with my 12 hookah. So far the most likely choice is the Mantis, but I was wondering if anyone has any better recommendations?

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-124/027136/Ocean-Technology-Mantis-Full-Face-Scuba-Dive-Mask.html

Are you using a harness with an attachment point to take the pull on your hose? If not, you should. It would make life much easier. A full face mask isn't going to solve the strain issue if the pull is still on the regulator.

Sailorman said:
Are you using a harness with an attachment point to take the pull on your hose? If not, you should. It would make life much easier. A full face mask isn't going to solve the strain issue if the pull is still on the regulator.

I think he's referring to how uncomfortable it is to have the mouth piece in for long periods. I'm interested in a full face mask for the same reason, that, and in cold water situations a full face mask is supposed to be much warmer.

Ah, tropical boy here. You mean people voluntarily enter water below 80 degrees? Scary....

Never had an issue with holding a mouthpiece though, doesn't bother me.

My son made the switch to a full face a while back though for work related issues. He's often cleaning hulls and the sea lice can get irritating on your face. Likes the setup but I don't think he uses it for rec dives.

Sailorman said:
Ah, tropical boy here. You mean people voluntarily enter water below 80 degrees? Scary....

80 degree air temp is a good day up here in Montana. If I had to wait for 55 degrees I'd rarely get in the water more than a couple months a year:cry:.

As ToadWhisperer mentioned the issue I am having is with holding the mouth piece. I have TMJ (A jaw disorder) so holding onto the mouth piece becomes very uncomfortable.

I was also intrigued by the ability to breath though my nose and keeping my face a bit warmer here in Great Lakes would be a huge bonus :clapping:.

LOL the water here in Michigan isn't above the low 40's yet!! And its COLD!!!!!! One dive a day and I am done. Never have used a full face mask so I can't recommend any. You might want to see if there is a dive shop around and see what the have to offer or recommend. Good luck in your search. .

They are expensive,, for my PD diving I use this mask,, you may be able to find a good used one online somewhere,,,
ScubaPro - Full Face Scuba Dive Mask w/Quick Disconnect 569.00
also I advise you have training with this type of mask and regulator,,, good luck