Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Full Tones vs Pitch - Calabash Digger

Woods2Water

I'm crossing over from using a Nox 800 to a XP Deus.. I ran the Nox in 50 tones almost exclusively and did rather well with finding colonial and CW relics.

I understand the difference in using Pitch verses Full Tones in a heavy iron site but what about the scenario where its "cleaner ground - very little iron" such as a plowed field adjacent to an old homesite? Do you utilize the Full Tones to be able to get the most audio discrimination for the targets?

In my humble opinion.....while each tonal mode may offer different types of tonal clues......in the end I really don't think it matters all that much which tonal mode you use. What is REALLY important is that you become an expert in what ever tonal mode you choose. Over the years I have used all 3 modes extensively and tried to see which mode performed better. In the end I settled on Multi tones for the most part, only because it suits my brain better. I did a lot of testing over targets and rarely if ever was there a target in Multi tones that I could not also find in Pitch, and vice versa. I used Full Tones almost exclusively the first couple of years with the Deus, but just never cared for the audio experience. Too grating on my ears. Use whatever works for you and become an expert with it.

No I relic hunt in Pitch... I might go back to full tones in cleaner ground on this unit in cleaner ground to see how I like it. I learned the Deus 1 in full tones... Full Tones Square audio on Deus II sounds interesting.