Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fun in the snow!

cwilk

Yes, you read that right. There was snow in the Catskills this afternoon. Light snow. I had a lot to say about today, but I'm going to be brief. I'll try, anyway. I made one big triangular shaped trek through the park. About an hour in I saw a guy in a Jeep looking at me through binoculars. When I finally reached the other side of the park, I noticed that he had moved, and that he was still watching me. Later, as I headed back to my car, he moved again. And when I finally got to my vehicle, a police car pulled up. So who do you think called the cops on me? The cop and I talked for a bit, and I told him I was leaving. He said that he was sorry, but he had to respond, and that I shouldn't leave if I didn't want to. He was nice. I found the silver dimes and a wheat in a part of the park I'd never hunted before while walking back to my car. That was a really nice surprise. I was getting cold but I took a little extra time to search that area a little more thoroughly. I was tired and cold by then so I might have to wait until spring to go back and hit it harder. The ring was also found in the area with the old coins, and I was almost sure it was a silver half dollar. It's a nice ring, though, and it was almost the last dig of the day. The stone is blue and is a hot mess because I think it has been n the ground for a long time. I stopped for coffee and a little way out of town I saw the cop writing a ticket. That's enough, I think.

Chris

PS I found a boatload of clad too. 112 coins. My photo is corrupt and it won't post so you can't see it all!

Nice silvers, good place to go back to in the future.