Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fun Opportunity Tomorrow

pescadore

I joined a metal detecting club last night and was told about an opportunity to hunt a Mansion built in 1847-51. This is a benefit hunt so all finds have to be turned over to the owners of the property but still should be a lot of fun. It is documented that Robert E. Lee was a guest at this location when he wrote his last Texas letter. There were also 5-6 slave quarters and privies on the property. It will be an all day affair with several different clubs participating and they hope to have about 50 people detecting the site to adequately cover the area. There will be prizes for different categories of finds. I plan to take my GoPro to record and finds I make if I find anything
I am looking forward to the hunt and seeing what turns up. Supposedly this property has never been detected.

Sounds like fun. Hope you find some good stuff. Recording is a good idea if you find something nice. Even if you have to turn it you can still relive the moment with a video.

Good luck,
Mike

Sound's like a really good place to by hunting, hopefully you and the F70 can find some really good finds to place in within the top 3 spots in some of the finds categories. Good luck !

I had a good time but I seriously doubt that the location had not been ever hunted as advertised. There was not one siver coin found the entire day by over 60 MDers. The oldest coin found was a V Nickel and it was the only coin that was not a penny. I think there were only 3 wheat pennys found. No significant jewelry was found. There were some cool artifacts recovered and the day was not a total waste. I found a decorative brass piece that was really cool. I will post a photo later. I also found a spoon, a buttload of square nails, 3 regular pennys and some old farm implements. I had a pretty good time and they served some good barbeque at lunch for a $5 donation. I got to meet some nice folks and swap war stories. There was an archaeological bunch there that was bagging and tagging everything we found and since I found my best find toward the end of the hunt, it was still in the hands of the bagger when they had the contest for best finds, not that I thought I would win but seemed a little unfair. I didn't feel too bad about not finding silver since there were probably 10 guys out there swinging those $2000 machines that are supposed to make silver jump out of the ground. My F70 held it's own and I am confident that it would in almost any land situation.

Hello,
Sorry your hunt was a bummer. I have a question for you. When you did the one video for the Whites Treasure Pro you had a different coil on the machine for the first part and then put the stock coil on . What was that coil you had on first and where did you get it ? I purchased a Treasure Pro for a back-up about a month ago and would like to try the coil you had on your machine. I do have the stock coil; but think the smaller coil might be better for most of my hunts as I do have a good bit of trash in most of the places. I am only metal detecting since Oct. of 2017 and have 2 gold rings, one silver ring and a lot of clads. I passed the $350 mark in clads. My ground here is frozen so I can't hunt right now, too hard to dig plugs. My main machine is an AT Pro and have done well coin shooting with this machine. I am an old dog, 74 years young and love this sport. I value your opinion and would like to have that coil that fits the Treasure Pro. Thanks and good hunting.
Novice Ron:

What are the chances of going back and detecting it very slowly... I'm sure were moving along at a good pace with 60 others trying to find things too..

I would have to go back and check but more than likely it was the Detech 8X6 SEF coil. If I had to pick any coil that would fit that machine I would choose that one. It is a great coil for any machine that it's made for. If they made one for the F70, I would be running it 90 percent of the time !!!

Elton said:
What are the chances of going back and detecting it very slowly... I'm sure were moving along at a good pace with 60 others trying to find things too..

It was a special give back hunt to gather artifacts for the owners and museum. They are supposedly inviting the clubs back next year after they clear some land but not sure I will go. I actually kinda scoped out an area when I first arrived and jumped on it quick. I worked pretty slowly and thoroughly but to no avail. There were a lot of detectors out there so if you ever left your area then someone else jumped in there pretty quick.

Novice Ron said:
Hello,
Sorry your hunt was a bummer. I have a question for you. When you did the one video for the Whites Treasure Pro you had a different coil on the machine for the first part and then put the stock coil on . What was that coil you had on first and where did you get it ? I purchased a Treasure Pro for a back-up about a month ago and would like to try the coil you had on your machine. I do have the stock coil; but think the smaller coil might be better for most of my hunts as I do have a good bit of trash in most of the places. I am only metal detecting since Oct. of 2017 and have 2 gold rings, one silver ring and a lot of clads. I passed the $350 mark in clads. My ground here is frozen so I can't hunt right now, too hard to dig plugs. My main machine is an AT Pro and have done well coin shooting with this machine. I am an old dog, 74 years young and love this sport. I value your opinion and would like to have that coil that fits the Treasure Pro. Thanks and good hunting.
Novice Ron:

I checked and it was the NEL Sharpshooter Coil. Good coil but the Detech 6X8 SEF coil would be better in my opinion. It shows to be available to for the Treasure Pro. Google search aftermarket coils for Whites Treasure Pro and you will find a dealer.

Hello Again,
Thanks for the information. I will check on the coil you recommended. Good Hunting and don't eat any yellow snow !!
Novice Ron

9.5"X5.5"--they have a better reputation then the SEF (I have 2 of the larger NEL for 2 different makes--my SEF 10"X12" does not impress me)
http://www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com/image/cache/data/NEL%20Coils/Sharpshooter/IMG_1086-228x228.JPG