Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fun shooting the hoops

knarfj

:clapping:Been a lot of talk on the forum about some pretty impressive finds being made at tennis courts, basket ball courts and tot lots.

This morning I really screwed up reading the tide tables so my plans for hunting the beach went out the window. Anyway, there had been some improvements made to a nearby park a couple of years ago that included an out door basket ball court and one tot lot.

High on the hill above the previously mentioned addition is a long standing tennis court that should be, from what I've read some where, some very prime detecting ground.

To put it mildly, I found the the grounds surrounding the tennis court very discouraging, but soon into my efforts I noticed an inconspicuous sign identifying the court as a "Hand Ball Court"!!

WHAT THE HEY!!! If the sign had only been put in a more conspicuous place I would not have wasted my time?:rofl:

Well enough of the above nonsense, only 200 yards away down a nice easy grass slope (for someone younger than me) where the newer basket ball court and tot lot are located I found the items in the images.

The ring along with all the coins were located, shallow (<3") in the grass surrounding the basket ball court. Other than the ring the the other valueless jewelry was located in the tot lot.

All kidding aside I had a great time.

About the ring? It VID'd as a zinc penny and looked great coming out of the ground, but there are no ID markings and the platting, what ever it is, is blistering already.

FWIW: My settings using the F5 in the tot lot were AM, Gain=70, Thresh+8, and dig all. Around the BB-court the ground was relatively fresh fill dirt so I went with: Gain+40, Thresh +6, Disc=15, tones D3. And dig everything shallow with consistent audeo.

PS: The top right hand coins are from a 3 coin stack.:wiggle:

HH:detecting:

Sweet hunt there buddy.:clapping: That F5 is one sweet unit. I have always liked them. My wife and grandson don't seem to be addicted to swinging like I am so I've been thinking about swapping the Ace 250 out for an F5 with a 5"x8" DD to go along with my F70 and elliptical. Seem I would be ready for about every situation that comes along in my area.

Looks like you had a good time . It rained and snowed here in Indiana today. Not much fun being out... KEN

Thanks for the comments IB. :thumbup:

Yes, the more I use my F5 the more I like it.:) FWIW I cut my detecting teeth on "Whites" detectors, so the learning curve on my F5 was quite long. With your F70 experience the F5 would be a piece of cake.

When it comes to detectors, at least for me, the grass is always greener on the other side. So at some time in the future I'd like to add a F70 to my arsenal for it's extra depth capabilities.

HH:detecting:

Thats good hunting! :clapping: I like those kind of places, theres gotta be some gold in there somewhere!
Mud

Nice hunt! Your turns coming! Congrats and HH