Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fun with Golden micro max

Peetjb

New tone version at area where houses torn out for freeway build. 7 wheaties so far, no silvers. Houses were built from 1945-1955 approx. I crank threshold FCW, Sens FCW, Notch Off,Disc Mode. Set Notch width at midpoint, disc level at arrow. When I get hi tone first rotate NW to both limits to see if tone breaks if so it's likely trash. Return NW to center. Then lower Disc to Min and see how much iron is nearby, then rotate disc slowly CW to see where target tone quits. Use this method for all three tones above iron. Have found in disc mode that the threshold setting affects the duration of the target tone and depth of target. Using thumb this method only takes seconds. Also pump coil over target to see if tone changes, disappears , or breaks up, or remains steady. Use this with all target tone above iron. This detector is a classic!

Thanks for sharing that! Mine is old tone but will give it a try.

Yeah I got the New Tone Model and love it. If it's a Soft Modulated Tone I dig it.
What coil are You using and what kind of Depth You getting on older coins like the wheats You dug?

There is 3-4" of coarse mulch over the area (dust control) The wheats were 1-3" deep in the dirt layer. A lot of corrosion. Dug trash target to 6" and left them. Have dug dimes in our parks to 6" easily. Hits hard on dimes. Don't know how much dirt was removed or shifted around after slabs and driveways were removed. All is left is streets gutters and driveway ramps. Using stock coil. Use rattler headphone. All wheats are 42-55. This is first time I've tried turning down disc to see how much iron is around target , kind of a manual iron audio!

You may want to try the 8" Brown donut coil down the road. I use one and You get at least another inch on Depth while retaining the Proper tones.