Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fun with the Racer 2 & Fors Relic

OregonGregg

A very good friend & I planned a little over week-long detector jaunt. We hit some sites in Central/Southern Idaho as well as Eastern Oregon. All in all it was a very fun trip and we did much better than we thought we might. I used the Racer 2 with 7" Concentric and 5" Nel Sharp coils. For the Relic I used the 9.5 x 5" and 5" coils.

When it was all said and done I ended up with 3 tokens, The Club GF 5 cents, Assembly Pool Hall GF 5 cents and a Good For $2.50 token.

Also got a 1904 & 1897 Barber Dimes, 1895 IH, 1928 Buffalo Nickel, 1905 & 07 V Nickels, 1869 Seated Dime and 1894 Barber Quarter.

To round it off also got a cuff link, a nice 1850'ish Navy/Marine button a few marbles and an arrowhead.

those are amazing finds, way to go!

Thanks. Actually, we detected for 10 days. I ended up with 4 silvers and my friend got 3. At one site I have been hitting for 6 years, the road cuts thru the middle of it creating a North & South side. In all those 6 years the South side has always been to grassy/weedy to detect. You could work around the edges but that was about it. The North side was better and areas of it could be detected. This year a Rancer put in a bunch of cattle there and they grazed that area really well opening up the South side for once. 3 of my 4 silvers came from that area as well as a V Nickel and the Buffalo Nickel and the button. We got lucky the area opened up.

My friend did get a very nice hard to get silver, an 1851 silver Trime.

All in all it was a very fun trip and luck was on our side to make some good finds :)

Gregg - GREAT finds! Next time I get to hunt with you up north, I'm bringing my own cow to mow some of the areas. Hoping to catch up with you a little later this year. Heading to Nevada in a couple of weeks like last year to hunt some ghost towns.

Hey Tom, how ya been doing? Wish I was headed to NV soon. Hope you do well and hope to see you at the 11th WTHO June 13th-16th in Wells, NV.

Anyone is welcome to join us on these outings. If you would like to be on the emailing list or info contact Monte. ( you can find his info at the bottom of any of his post here) or PM me.

NICE finds Greg: clapping:g.A real nice haul. Couple of things missing from your pictures--where are your 2 buddies.

El

Hey El, how's it going? Looking forward to seeing you down in NV this June. Should be a fun week of detecting. As far as Molly & Binkers they were right there every day with me. Molly, as usual, was off digging squirrel holes, etc and Binkers was there helping me find the goodies.