Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Funeral for an old friend....

Read somewhere that twinkeys have a shelf life of 20+ yrs , so they'll be showing up at high prices and small amounts for some time. Of course some corp might buy the brand out of the liquidation and start makeing em in a nonunion bakery.

They said a lot of bad things were going to happen befor the end of the world on the 21st. of December 2012.But they didn't say it was going to get this bad.

Twinkies, Yuck, we have Tastycakes here....no comparison. For some reason they don't sell Tastycakes across the nation, I don't know why.

... the strike lasted only long enough for the plant to be closed down. The irony of that was my company's original warehouse selling hardware was in Fort Wayne and they went on strike to make "Harvester" wages shortly after the Harvester plant closed. Our management told the union to end the strike and get back to work by X date or the warehouse would be closed the day after the X date.

Needless to say, they did not listen, the warehouse was closed, and not one dealer missed his order or got a later order because the company's other warehouses, not union, served the area based on prior contengency planning.

I can remember seeing on the news this big, burly bearded guy with tears just streaming down his cheeks. One of the news crews put a microphone in his face and with all sincerety he looks dead into the camera and says, " I just can't pay my bills or feed my family on $20.00 and hour !"

I was aghast because at the time I was working at Publix for $2.60 cents an hour and I knew my dad was cutting hair at his barber shop for $1.00 a head. In 1980 money $20 per hour was a boat load of cash and he still couldn't make ends meet? WOW !!