Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Funny but sad

mcb613

Went back to a pounded local park that has been producing old silver, due to bush hogging the woods. Was an amusement park lat 1800s. Anyway, been getti g a little slim pickings from picking at it.
So we are making our way back to the parking lot and I get a " dig me" at 4".. pulled out the Barber. My buddy tells me to check a hole he dig an hr before but couldnt find the source of the tone. Anyway, out pops the seated quarter... boy was he pissed! I offered it to him and I giess he was so pissed at himself, he didnt want it.
I'll take it!!!

Both nice finds, way to go.

Some fine silver there... your friend is gonna have to get over himself.. ya that is sad and funny. . Congrats..

Your right, he shouldnt be too upset, as he found 2 Reales at that spot over the last month. Is a great spot for a place that has been killed by club after club for decades, due to its history. Things change when the bush hog shows up for clearing the woods.
Many Barbers and a 1794 LC.

Beautiful! :twodetecting:

Mcb613, you were not kidding when you said that silver comes out of your ground looking NICE! Too bad for your hunting buddy that he is such a stubborn and proud dude. He should have taken that nice Seated Quarter! I hunt with a guy that has a disability and when he has a deep target that he can't dig, I'm happy to dig it for him and he is happy when I put the target in his hand! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I love the eagle on the back of the walking liberty half, but to me, the eagle on the back of your seated quarter is tops. Handsome coin. Had a very old look about it. :beers:

Rich -

Yes, I too like the reverse of many coins. The early American Eagles are even cooler. Not that lucky yet! Thanks for the comments!
Mike

Congrats on two nice looking coins!