Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Further Field Testing on the 18.75 kHz Coil

wpaxt

I was able to put in some more time with the X-Terra 50 with the new 18.75 kHz coil due to some free time Saturday and an early departure from work today (thanks to its being my birthday). So here are my latest testing results, followed up with a few observations and opinions.

Saturday At Santa Monica Beach

Unfortunately the cut that was there the previous weekend was gone, but the tradeoff was that the weather was much better. My buddy Frank (with his Explorer XS II as usual) and I put in a good 3 hours at low tide.

My strategy on this outing was to concentrate more on the damp slope and dry sand, hoping to get some lower conductivity items that other machines had missed. I did hunt the water line for a bit but didn

And thanks for the report. It appears that your results (and conclusions) are very similar to mine. Thanks for making the tests and reporting your thoughts. They are appreciated. HH and HB. Randy

Hello Bill,
Maybe this has already been asked and I missed it, but here goes...In regard to the DD coil(s)that will be released: Will they be for both frequencies and any idea when they will be out and of what size? I would like and or hope to see an 18.75 DD coil for my beach hunting arsenal.
Best regards,
Bill

Nothing specific yet. The picture in the operator's manual shows several "artist's conceptions" of accessory coils. Larger, smaller, concentric and DD. All I hear from Minelab is that there will be a couple of others in different sizes and configurations. Those will likely follow sometime this winter or early next spring. But, no exact time frame as of yet because they are still undergoing final testing and development. HH Randy