Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Future technology ?

Tony

An interesting read.....

http://www.sciencewa.net.au/topics/technology-a-innovation/item/2838-amplifier-invention-probes-far-beneath-the-surface

Tony.

got some limited info on a new (to me ) wireless Metal Detector...."XP DEUS 3.2" . Suppose to be super lite with real definitive sound , also European made....any info out there... feed back...cost around $ 1800 dollars. expensive but interesting.

Hi Ron.

The French DEUS is indeed an excellent detector, especially for those who primarrilly hunt for relativly thin-section 'hammered' coinage and gold pieces, in Europe/UK.

Ofcourse, it can be applied to any senario, but its original format was not competitive on salt water saturared sand. Never the less, in the hands of the adaptive/experience detectorist, then they can use its 4 frequencies (individually) to make impressive finds.

It is, THE most progressive step made in modern metal detecting applications.

Alan Lubez (hope I've spelt his name correctly?) being both a technologist and and interested in metal detecting, astutely leap-frogged the lethargic establishment and realised that the simplest mobile phone had a core process that if correctly adapted, would leave the major manufactures, limping in their efforts to stay in the race.

In the UK, it has overwhelmed all other brands. Even its exorbitant cost, has not deferred the avid detectorist. It is often 'poorly' applied, in terms of how versatile its functionalities are.
Even so, it more than rewards those who 'make up for their lack of awareness' of it potental, by simply detecting for longer periods, due to its delightful ergonomics.

Visit the Findmall Deus forum, and sample the US fraternities view on matters....Matt

Tony said:
An interesting read.....

Tony.

Tony,
There was also another (2 year old) site with a more technical explanation that explained that the concept was based on laser light bouncing between two mirrors.
And that testing was underway...
http://freshscience.org.au/2014/amplifier
(You can also watch the presentation video.)

But that was 2 years ago, and nothing since...pretty common in the theoretical physics world.
(Good ideas don't always pan out.)

mike

Too many Easter eggs consumed at this end, fogged the 'French recall' section of my ageing brain-box...Thank you for your welcome correction.

I could talk for hours about the years before the final release of the DEUS, and its secretive development, but that wnould mean revealing/breaking

the confidentiality promises of a departed friend, intimately involved in it evolution.

When he died, so did a lots of plans and dreams of how we both would 'retire' from mundane detecting, and sale around the world, with 'The Ultimate' detector....

Alas,.....He held his dream briefly, 'till illness claimed him. " The sails on his boat remain folded around that dream "......and I've lost a great friend.......Matt