Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

g-2 vs te tesoro lst ?

JimGilmore

Can you explaine to me what the g-2 has over the lst ? Trying to see where it stands.
Is it lighter ? does it discriminate and also hunt coins ?
I do not know much about the g-2

Jim, The G2 is AMAZING in iron and trash. Can pick right thru iron like no machine I have ever used. Read theses guys posts here. Good videos on my site in video section also. Tons of great info here! Holler at me if you need and help or some good pricing on G2.

Newer Technology, the thing is, you must improve over time. If I remember, the same person that built the L.S.T. also built the G2. This is the fastest recovery speed I have ever seen or used. There is a lot of differences, but they both have a place. Try one and you will see what I'm talking about. Are you in Georgia ? If so, you can try mine.

Unfortunatly I am in NYC.
I'm not looking for a which is best. I have used the diablo umax and the gmt.
I'm trying to find out what the g2 is all about. what is the reason for 2 chips....what do they do..what and how do the machies differ....Not a which is best question...

Just trying to figure out if I need to add something this year....
Can the g2 be used to locate places to drywash ?

Pm Lowboy, He does some of the gold hunting. This is a gold detector first remember that . I hope this helps

Any gold machine with manual ground balance capability and/or with visual readout of ground characteristics can be used to look for magnetite concentrations. The G2/GB's have visual readout of ground susceptibility and balance point: the G2 and the GB Pro also have manual ground balance if you want to listen for the magnetite. The Lobo ST has none of those features.

The overall character of the GB/G2 is as follows:

1. Hot 19 kHz all metals "autotune" mode for gold prospecting, plus a good set of features to go along with it.

2. Multipurpose (not just a gold machine).

3. High-performance discrimination mode implemented entirely in software, nothing beats it in the trash regardless of price.

4. Very simple and effective user interface.

5. Lightweight and reasonably ergonomic.

6. Competitively priced.

--Dave J.

Thanks Dave J for all that you do!!! #1:teknetics:

hi dave!
have you given any consideration to possibly "lowering"
the frequency for us "silver freaks" while "retaining" the absolutely "'superb"
features of this design?..just curious!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Out of curiosity, on the g2 Am I correct that it has descrimination that is software controlled. Does that mean that there are updates in the software ?

In the LST, discrimination is done entirely in circuitry, and as such is limited to what can be done with circuitry. In the GB/G2, discrimination is done entirely in software, making it possible to do lots of stuff that never would have been possible in circuitry.

If any software upgrades are ever made available, it will involve sending the unit back to the factory for reprogramming. In other words there's no way for the customer to zap new code into it.

--Dave J.

praise to the G-2 "father!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

from all accounts.,an "outrageous" tool
if ya "hunt in the junk!"..."nasty" detector!

(h.h.!)
j.t.