Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 as a ring machine questions

EZrider

How does the target scale run on the G2 ? Foil and up ? I know bottle caps are a problem and you have to do the dance with them. Where do they read in the scale ? I'm more interested in mid range targets and not micro jewlery. Also dont need it as a coin machine "i have that covered". Small bands that would read just above foil to larger gold rings and jewlery. Where would this be on The G2 target scale ? Is it possible to notch in just what you want ? How is the masking and silent masking with the G2. Is it a problem ?

EZ

It would be very rare to get gold under 40 -- the "iron" range ends at 40. I'd think upper 30s would be the very lowest you'd hit gold. Small gold (including very small nuggets and such, and likely small "post" earrings, maybe thin bracelets, etc.) can be in the low 40s, rings in the 40s and on up, into the 70s for the very large ones...in my experience I'd call 40-75 the "gold range," ESPECIALLY low 40s to low 70s; a good bit of stuff in the 50s. Hope this helps.

Steve

sgoss66 said:
It would be very rare to get gold under 40 -- the "iron" range ends at 40. I'd think upper 30s would be the very lowest you'd hit gold. Small gold (including very small nuggets and such, and likely small "post" earrings, maybe thin bracelets, etc.) can be in the low 40s, rings in the 40s and on up, into the 70s for the very large ones...in my experience I'd call 40-75 the "gold range," ESPECIALLY low 40s to low 70s; a good bit of stuff in the 50s. Hope this helps.

Steve

Problem with gold is it can hit anywhere above Iron. "40" on this machine. Different weights/karats/alloys make it very hard to narrow into one range.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or for great pricing.

The gold I have found hits with a hard audible and the VDI pretty much locks on. It just feels different.

Steve has hit it as far as my experience goes. I have hit small studs below 40 and one large gold item at 17.9 grams and a little larger than a 50cent piece hit at 79 and that is a textbook zinc for me in my soil. The g2 gb machines hit gold and nickels hard and even though they are in the tab range there is something about the signal that I havent put my finger on yet but every time I get a ring I say to myself hum that sounds different. Also allot of the time I get a double beep on rings in one direction I'm sure this has to do with orientation. Ive really come to look for that double beep.
Hope you get one just stay out of my spots!!! HA HA

I usually hunt wide open with disc at 0. My head is usually set for coins first and solid hits with preference to high numbers.
My diamond ring hit a solid 45 and I almost passed it off as foil. I found 3 fairly good sized pieces of Dior 10k gold eye glass side piece, two hit 55 and a heavier heart section came in at 70!
I hope that helps!
Tom

Very nice advice

The golbug i have seems to be hitting coal cinders or ( coke ) as we say in europe on 42-43. I keep my disc level at 13-17 to give the machine a better window to hit and calculate lower conductors.

I found a ring the other day that id as 52 and it was a small woman ring with a citrin stone.

Foil seems to ID in the same range but very small foil drops into low 40s.

I would dig 45-55 and expect to find small womens rings with valuable stones. above 55 for larger gold rings.