Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2+/F-19

I guess you'll just have to love em enough for everyone Del ... I heard you had a big heart..:poke:....:devil:

They're BOTH my sweet babies Elton--I just love 'em to pieces!:)-----Under rated/"sleeper" machines they are (IMO).
Elton said:
I guess you'll just have to love em enough for everyone Del ... I heard you had a big heart..:poke:....:devil:

D&P-OR said:
They're BOTH my sweet babies Elton--I just love 'em to pieces!:)-----"Under rate/"sleeper" machines they are (IMO).

Your opinion is usually right on Del .....:thumbup:

I agree. It has many things to like including weight or lack of it, big and clear display, stability, simplicity, separation, etc. I think a lot of users are under the impression that it's a gold nugget machine with very moderate depth for anything else. Most probably prefer the F75 and T2 for their proven depth on high conductors and possibly for their multi tone modes. As good as the F19 is, I think it could use an update. I would welcome a 3 or 4 (non VCO) tone mode for coins. I would welcome a boost process as well. I run mine with the gain maxed out in discrimination all the time and it is quiet as a mouse. Another thing I would really like: The ability to use a concentric coil.

Also they have been very expensive around here until recently which doesn't help. The F75 Gold and T2 Classic are several hundred dollars less than a G2+ in Canada.

One of it's most underrated features is the ID at fringe depth. While it may not be ultra deep...I have dug 7-8 inch dimes with my wife's pink F19 in terrible soil...and ID was rock solid.

I'm a civil war relic hunter. The only thing I've found that's deeper than my G2 & F19 is a GPX. That should say something about the depth of these machines. Now I use a 15" NEL Attack coil to get deep.

I use my G2+ in totally iron infested areas and I always seem to be able to pull out good targets, I have used many different detectors and I can honestly say the G2+ ID's better than any thing else I have ever used, and as far as depth goes I have no complaints what so ever. Kudos to First Texas. American made! :usaflag::super:

Definitely sleeper machines. I have both & love them. I use the nel attack on both of them. It does great for civil war relic hunting.

Used my G2+ just recently at night. I like the red backlight for hunting at night. I use the 5x10 coil and get some pretty amazing depth with it. I’ve owned just about every top off the line detector out there and the G2+ Is still my go to relic machine.

Out here in Northern AZ you are doing really well to get past 6" in our soil....the higher frequency of the g2/f19 platform seems to punch through the lousy soil better than all the other detectors I've tried. The target ID works better than most too!
A very enjoyable (FUN) machine to operate!

Out here in Northern AZ you are doing really well to get past 6" in our soil....the higher frequency of the g2/f19 platform seems to punch through the lousy soil better than all the other detectors I've tried. The target ID works better than most too!
A very enjoyable (FUN) machine to operate!
I agree. It's the only detector I have used that can ground balance with ease in any soil or sand conditions. I've used it countless times in wet caked sand where my other machines fall silent.

I have one (g2+) on the way to me and I’m really looking forward to using it a lot. probably will be my keep in the car, never a lost detecting opportunity machine.

Got my g2+ couple days ago and I think it’s quite nice. In mail parcel locker is the NEL sharpshooter coil I got at a sweet price used on eBay. Will still give the 11x7 a fair try and especially for open fields. With shaft separated into two equal sections it fits neatly in a tennis racket bag. Ordered a 90 degree right angle headphone jack so it doesn’t stick 2” straight out the side which is awkward. Also ordered a pair of lightweight 32 ohm on ear phones. I only use on ear cause in woods I can’t be unable to hear surrounding sounds for safety reasons. Setup will be 100 gain, 0 disc, volume 13
V-break on 39, no notch. Will be cold this Saturday but the ground won’t be frozen yet in woods so I’ll take it for a spin. Oh yeah, also ordered a controller cover as if I don’t I’m sure the LCD screen will get a scratch. Have high hopes for this baby.

Congrats relicmeister. You can leave gain at max all the time with that detector. Volume 13 is perfect to hear the iron at a lower volume. If you really get fed up of the sound in heavy iron you can set it at 10 and then the iron is gone.