Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 & F19 .... Added options vs Gold Bug

coyote

What are the added options/advantages that the G2 & F19 have over the question I had originally posted? Using Mainly for coin, jewelry & occasional prospecting? Please don't take this the wrong way. This SC is just trying to get the rest of the story. This question is meant so I can better understand so I can research this out further. Thanks very much for the postings, comments received to help with this matter. Co USAF 62-66

Here is an older post that might help you:

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?80,2315007

I would also suggest downloading the Fisher Gold Bug or Teknetics G2 manual and the F19 or G2+ manual to compare. You will know the differences and what they can do for you if anything.

To make things clear, the G2 and F19 are not the same. If you want the extra options, it's either the Fisher F19 or Teknetics G2+. They are newer machines with added functions which I find useful. They may have a more recent firmware version installed but I can't be sure of that. Your choice will then depend on the type of grip you want. The F19 has the s-type rod and the G2+ has the pistol grip that many prefer. Apart from the grip and button aesthetics, they are the same machine and share the same coils. The F19 usually sells for less on the used market.

Also, if you want to drool over the finds a G2+ can make by a very experienced user on youtube, just type "unearthed uk" in the youtube search box. He swears by his pink G2+ and he has used a fair amount of detectors.

Just saw that there is one for sale in the classifieds ! I don't know the seller but it's a fair price for a used one in good condition.

dfmike said:
Here is an older post that might help you:

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?80,2315007

I would also suggest downloading the Fisher Gold Bug or Teknetics G2 manual and the F19 or G2+ manual to compare. You will know the differences and what they can do for you if anything.

To make things clear, the G2 and F19 are not the same. If you want the extra options, it's either the Fisher F19 or Teknetics G2+. They are newer machines with added functions which I find useful. They may have a more recent firmware version installed but I can't be sure of that. Your choice will then depend on the type of grip you want. The F19 has the s-type rod and the G2+ has the pistol grip that many prefer. Apart from the grip and button aesthetics, they are the same machine and share the same coils. The F19 usually sells for less on the used market.

Thank you for taking the time and prompt response concerning this matter. Will be looking at link provided. I'm sure it will help. I like what I hear about the G2 & F19. But this will take the SC to get it all together. Co

Gold Bug - No manual ground balance - 5 in stock coil.

Gold Bug Pro - Manual ground balance added - extra sensitivity added (according to Fisher) - 5 in stock coil

Gold Bug Pro DP - 11DD stock coil (no other difference from Pro).

Gold Bug Pro CCMP - 5in and 5x10in coil combo (no other difference from Pro).

G2 - Same as Gold Bug Pro DP with stock 11DD - pistol grip being only difference.

G2+ and F19 - Added backlight - added notch - added notch width - added Vbreak. (G2+ is pistol grip - F19 is s-rod) (G2+ has 11DD coil - F19 has 5x10 coil)

G2+ and F19 also has iron audio and volume control

I owned 14 detectors, but when I got into hand f 19 with the Detech SEF 12x10 spool I stayed with it and I do not want another

TP63 said:
G2+ and F19 also has iron audio and volume control

My favorite feature. In places that are trashy and where I want a more quiet hunt, I set my volume to 10. No v-break, no notch, zero discrimination and max sensitivity. That's how I use it at the beach most of the time. I will sometimes set it to 11 or 12 just to give me a hint of the iron that is present in the ground.