Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2....F75......5 INCH COILS

mascard1

Well tested my two F75 5" coils ....and the G2 5" coil.....on the G2.....they all work the same!

Let us know this should be good !!!:teknetics:

The F75 15 incher is not designed to work on the GB/G2 or vice versa, but may "work" anyhow, although results may be inconsistent. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy an F75 coil of any kind to run on a GB/G2. But if you happen to have the coil anyhow, you could give it a try, it won't harm the machine.

Oversize searchcoils work best with slow machines. The GB/G2 are very quick machines, and an oversize coil ain't gonna buy you much.

--Dave J.

Thank you Mr. Johnson.----Please do "drop by" our new Forum here often.----We REALLY appreciate your expertise & info.!-----------Del

to use with the new 15"er? Saving some mony vs buying a T2 or F75 equipped with the boost mode.

Tom

Jackpine Savage --

That's a superb question; if Dave J. does not see it, buried in this thread, would you mind making a new post with that title? I'm very interested to hear his answer...

Hey mascard1 -- can you give a bit more detail when you say "they work the same?" I have an F70, and bought an F70/F75 5" DD mounted on an extra lower rod, so I can easily switch between the stock 10" elliptical concentric and the 5" DD. I just got a Gold Bug Pro (DP model with the 11" DD coil), and expected that I'll have to buy the 5" DD "Gold Bug" coil in the future. However, if that F70/F75 5" DD "works the same" as your 5" DD "Gold Bug" coil, I may get lucky and not have to buy ANOTHER 5" DD. Can you post some air-test results using the two different 5" coils on the G2, and any info as to whether one was "noisier" than the other, or anything like that? Any detail would be appreciated; since Dave J. says using another coil can't "harm" the unit, and since I already have the F70/F75 5" -- I'd really like to know if buying the "Gold Bug" 5" coil is a necessity, or a redundancy (given I have the other 5" DD already)?

Steve

Steve-------Ole mascard givin a detailed test report???---That'll be tha day!! :) ---That's ONE of your many questions that ain't gonna get answered!---He's like me, he would rather be out huntin than fiddle f----- around with all of that.-----OK, I'll try---c'mon Michael--give the guy a COMPLETE "run down" of your findings on those coils!!! (and don't tell us you're just headin out the door on a hunt)!-----THERE, I tried for ya---ain't gonna do no good but I tried!------I'm goin huntin! ;)----------Del

Del --

That's a classic -- hilarious comeback! I love it! :lol: Thanks for trying for me -- even if it doesn't do any good, we tried! Come on, Mr. Mascard -- save me some money, will ya? Times are tough! (There, maybe some good old-fashioned guilt and manipulation will get him to feel bad for me, and post me some details! :) )

Steve

sgoss66 said:
Del --

That's a classic -- hilarious comeback! I love it! :lol: Thanks for trying for me -- even if it doesn't do any good, we tried! Come on, Mr. Mascard -- save me some money, will ya? Times are tough! (There, maybe some good old-fashioned guilt and manipulation will get him to feel bad for me, and post me some details! :) )

Steve
:heh: LUV YOUR TACTICS!!!!----You're gonna fit right in here Steve! :thumbup: :biggrin:----------Del

Well, I may fit in...but I STILL haven't gotten him to give me that data...!!

By the way, cheesy air testing (only had a minute) gives me a quarter at 11-12" max, dime around 10" max, using the 11" DD coil...wedding band to 13-14" (14K gold). I need to do a better test when I have time. That was in all metal mode, 100 sens.

Steve

Dave J. said:
The F75 15 incher is not designed to work on the GB/G2 or vice versa, but may "work" anyhow, although results may be inconsistent. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy an F75 coil of any kind to run on a GB/G2. But if you happen to have the coil anyhow, you could give it a try, it won't harm the machine.

Oversize searchcoils work best with slow machines. The GB/G2 are very quick machines, and an oversize coil ain't gonna buy you much.

--Dave J.

Wow and my F75 is the fastest machine I own............now:thumbup:

Will Tek be putting out any more coils ?