Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2....F75......5 INCH COILS

sgoss66 said:
Well, I may fit in...but I STILL haven't gotten him to give me that data...!!

By the way, cheesy air testing (only had a minute) gives me a quarter at 11-12" max, dime around 10" max, using the 11" DD coil...wedding band to 13-14" (14K gold). I need to do a better test when I have time. That was in all metal mode, 100 sens.

Steve
did a little testing the 5'' coils.(f75 and g2) ..test almost as far as 11''....in disc mode 35...... Tried the F75 SEF....12x15....I think it goes a 1'' or two deeper on dime .... ( 14k ring.....it goes way out there 17'' or so..........sounds GOOD!!!....this was in all metal...theshold 0 ).....100 sens. on both......WHEW THAT WAS A ENOUGH FOR ME....Maybe some more later?

WOW, mascard!

You DID answer! (Del, you were WRONG! Guess he was nice to me cause I'm the new guy! :) )

Mascard -- those results are really good, sounds like you have a HOT machine. The depth results were the same, with both the F75 5" coil and the G2 5" coil, both plugged into the G2, right?

Thanks!

Steve

sgoss66 said:
WOW, mascard!

You DID answer! (Del, you were WRONG! Guess he was nice to me cause I'm the new guy! :) )

Mascard -- those results are really good, sounds like you have a HOT machine. The depth results were the same, with both the F75 5" coil and the G2 5" coil, both plugged into the G2, right?

Thanks!

Steve
That jest shows ta go ya----MIRACLES DO STILL HAPPEN!!!----Mascard reporting---(not me being wrong)---that happens ALL the time! :biggrin:-----Thank ya Mista Mascard!!!!!

Worked well??..... Doubtful! No one has any 15" coils except the factory and maybe a field tester or two. Hold out for a while and perhaps after the initial production run for the 13Khz machines is out they will produce some specifically for the Gold Bug/G2 and the other Tek machines (Alpha-Omega)/

Tom

Jackpine and others...

I have seen Mike Scott say that the large coils are generally better for "slower" machine modes; thus, they will work best (if you are looking for added depth) in boost or cache modes on the F75 SE and LTD/T2 SE and LTD, and by extension the sL mode on the F70. Since the Gold Bugs/G2s are so FAST, without any of the "slower" processes available, I'm wondering if they may not be as useful, and thus wondering if they may not be produced for these machines. Who knows, just speculating a bit. Guess we'll see!

Steve

My SEF 12x15 .......F75 coil ........worked great on the G2......and gets pretty deep on a 14k ring(at least 2'' if not more than the stock 11'' ) .......might be killer on the beach???

i thought that's what you were saying might have to get me one of those for the beach thanks heaps for the info!! very good!! :clapping:

wow mascard...cool info. Theory and "supposed to's" are fine, but its the real-world results that matter. Sounds like you observed a pretty good depth increase. Beach would make lots of sense, not so trashy (which might hurt using the big coil) but you could maximize depth in the dry (milder) sand...

Steve

Steve you got it, sorry to say this but in the field is where it counts. Not to say the people that make the detectors are wrong, but i learn a long time that "if the mother of invention is perspiration, the father is desperation".

Thanks Steve,