Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 falsing

sargojim

My G2 suddenly started falsing. Had to turn gain down to about 40% to get it to stop. Was working fine yesterday, but today is going crazy...Any suggestions.

Just check the usual. Coil connector tight. Stick a new battery in it. Try a different coil.. Other than that you may need to send it in.....?

I was outside....same area i have been in before with no problems....don't know if nearby rain would be a problem....it quiets down when i turn down gain so may be emi issue.... Think i will call teknetics to see what they say if problem doesn't go away....Thank you all so much for your input.

Had this issue with my GB Pro. Would go crazy about every 10 min or so for a minute or two then settle down. Discovered that it was my cell phone in my pocket attempting to make a data connection.

Mine falses a little when it's damp because water gets inside my coil. But you said the second coil was doing the same thing so scratch that.

mine does this when I'm at the in-laws house(in the garden) so its some kind of EMI I guess. It also did it at the beach a bit but I found that when I GB by resting the coil flat on the ground then turning the threshold to hear the "humm", then pump to GB, it will be quiet all the time afterwards. When I was GB with the coil lifted before augmenting the threshold, it would false all the time and at most swings....I do believe that there is some looseness thing happening too