Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 & GBSE Finds Yesterday

morelic55

Got out yesterday with the wife and took a trip to place a little fight happened. She used the GBSE for the 1st time and took to it like a duck to water. The G2 was runnin' hot as usual, got the .69 3 ringer drop at 11" and found alot of fired bullets. The 1903 Barber dime was a suprise since it was a CW site. She got the button back and the telegraph wire pieces, the old road ran thru this site and had the telegraph lines along it....MO

Should be more brass there somewhere. I have dug an 11" 58 cal 3-ringer with the GBSE 29 but yet to find any over 8" yet with the G2. I used the Goldmax Power saturday and was digging some real deepies. Got a half of a cuff-link at 10" with the Goldmaxx my buddy was using my G2. I ask him to come give it a listen before I dug it and the G2 could'nt see it at all. I think the GBSE 29 would have got it but I didn't have it there to test. I just wish the Goldmaxx was as light as the G2/GB I'd never put it down.

Nice Digs, I love the the Wire, Wow :yikes:, Now as far as the G2 to the Goldmax power, EMI can be a problem and a few other problems (settings, experience) There is no prefect detector. :nerd:

Ken we were in the middle of a pasture with no recognizable EMI. G2 sensitivity wide open even re-ground balanced on soil next to the target. Turned off the Goldmaxx so there was no problems there. The G2 would not make the slightest mention of the target. I really don't think the G2 is as deep as the GBSE 29 or the Goldmaxx Power. The G2 seems more refined than the GBSE 29 and not as sensitive. I bought this particular unit for Keith Southern and he mentioned that he felt it was not as deep as the GBSE.

Still a great find !! congrats :thumbup:

I heard about that day, you have to show me some of those tricks.. great finds, by the way...