Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 mixes silver and relics today in Indiana

cometguy

I went back to the first farm field I ever hunted today. I have hunted it for years but always enjoy spending time there. I went out for a little bit this morning and had nothing really great to show. I decided to go back this afternoon and boy am I glad. I found the tiny stirrup first and then about 80 feet and 30 minutes later I got the second one. I assumed they were a pair but one is larger than the other. I was just about ready to call it a day when I ventured a little further out into the field than normal. I got a great signal in the dime range. I dug it and the signal and vdi stayed the same after it cleared the hole. This is a very good sign on the G2. I was pleased to see the dime. It is actually only about the third silver coin to come from the field. I dropped the dime into my pocket and took about three steps and got a strong high signal. Call me a skeptic but I have dug a lot more junk that thinks it is a quarter than actual quarters in farm fields. Once again, it cleared the hole and still rang high. I got enough of a look at the quarter to know that it is my oldest field silver. Had a fun day but I really enjoyed the last ten minutes of the hunt.

Don
HH

Way to go, how deep, setting on the G2? :teknetics:#1

You lucky dog you. I'd be on cloud nine if I found all that stuff in one day.:beers:

Hey Ken, I am a creature of habit. I am running at 100 sensitivity, and 50 discrimination. That is how I always seem to run with the G2. I can't give you an exact depth because I was pretty skeptical. I know both the dime and the quarter took two scoops of a regular size rounded shovel. I am guessing they both would have been about 8 inches. The stirrups were crazy deep. I would guess both of them at about ten inches. I had hunted a lot today, probably about five hours and had one wheat, a few relics and lots of junk. The last ten minutes of the day made it for me. I had been telling myself I should quit for a good thirty minutes but was hoping to find one outstanding find before I quit. Hit those two and headed for the house.

Don

Don, great finds, and for all of us wondering how well these machines will hit deep silver, sounds like maybe eight inchers, and NOT weak signals, either, from your description.

Good stuff, good hunting. I can surely relate to that "just one more" feeling at the end of a hunt.

Steve

I thought those iron things were pretty tiny to be stirrups. I thought everyone must be riding a pony. I was just told they are pot handles. I never thought about that but it makes sense. Sorry for the opps. I am fairly new to relic hunting and sometimes I jump to conclusions.

Don

Still nice to see neat finds! and thanks for the answer.