Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 or F19?

Which is a better machine to use for small gold detecting? I have a G2 but haven't used it specifically for gold detecting yet. Do they run the same frequency? Thanks

LittleJohn

They run the same frequency and use the same coils. I'm not sure what you mean by small gold detecting but if you mean gold jewelry in general then either machine would work well. The F19 or G2+ have a few more features which could be useful to you or not.

Please see post below by EI for more details on the extra options the F19 and G2+ have.

For finding gold nuggets/ gold in its raw form exclusively, I would personally pick a higher frequency machine specifically tailored for finding gold nuggets of all sizes at depth.

Their parent detector is the Gold Bug Pro prospecting model that was later updated with some extra features to make them more useful for the coin/relic/jewelry hunter. So don't think they aren't capable small nugget gold units, cause they are. Your G2 will hunt small gold as good as any Gold Bug Pro.

HH
Mike

Hi LittleJohn

For gold prospecting picker sized gold and larger, either the F19, Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, G2 or G2+ would do just fine if you have the 10x5 elliptical coil and the 5" round coil.

As far as I know, All Metal mode on these detectors is basically the same. In Discrimination mode, the F19 and the Teknetics G2+ have some added features like FeTone volume control,
an advanced V-break feature and a movable 1 to 10 segment notch setting. They also have a nice backlight. For the relic, coin and jewelry hunter those are great to have. For the prospector in All Metal,
they are not available as a menu option. You could definitely switch from All Metal to Discrimination mode to check audio response on targets in the gold field although that is switching back and forth is fairly cumbersome.

Jeff

I have an F-19 and a lot of coils. I was the best Detech SEF 12x10. Just for information

jmaclen said:
Hi LittleJohn

For gold prospecting picker sized gold and larger, either the F19, Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, G2 or G2+ would do just fine if you have the 10x5 elliptical coil and the 5" round coil.

As far as I know, All Metal mode on these detectors is basically the same. In Discrimination mode, the F19 and the Teknetics G2+ have some added features like FeTone volume control,
an advanced V-break feature and a movable 1 to 10 segment notch setting. They also have a nice backlight. For the relic, coin and jewelry hunter those are great to have. For the prospector in All Metal,
they are not available as a menu option. You could definitely switch from All Metal to Discrimination mode to check audio response on targets in the gold field although that is switching back and forth is fairly cumbersome.

Jeff

The notch width or notch window as Fisher calls it in the manual is 20 or more specifically a maximum of 20 but any width value is possible.