Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 Target ID for small gold nuggets?

psyvad

Does anyone know the ID range on the G2 for small gold nuggets?

I don't have any to use for testing but live not too far from the gold discovery site in CA.

Thanks!

I don't have any gold nuggets to test but I can tell you it will hit small gold charms at 7-8 inches easy.
HH

Test a small gold stud earring, this will give you an idea.

In the air, small gold nuggets ID in the 35 to 50 range. However small gold nuggets are weak signals and when the nuggets are in the ground you can't depend on them to ID correctly.

Gold prospecting is almost always done in all metals mode. A good strong hit that registers consistently in the iron range on the "speedometer" is probably shallow iron and can be ignored if your experience on that site (after having dug some such hits) validates that. Anything else is a "digger", and your best discriminators are your eyes and a good magnet.

Just about the only situation where you'd use discrimination mode for gold prospecting, is on a promising site that's strewn with iron trash, and you accept that if there's gold on the site you'll be missing some or most of it due to iron masking and the discriminator itself.

If you're new to gold prospecting with a metal detector, I recommend that you read the book "Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector", on the TekneticsT2 website. Or your dealer may have a print copy.

--Dave J.

Hey Bart,
Just wanted to say that I enjoy watching the videos on your website, especially the ones by RoadKillscjim, he cracks me up but he does get the point across, will have to listen to those Baby Duck Farts.....Wish it was already Monday so my G2 would be here. HH John

Thanks everyone for the input:thumbup:

Dave, I appreciate the recommendation to read "Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector", not to mention your great design work on my F75 and G2! I have already downloaded it and started reading.

John(Tx) - I'm sure you'll enjoy the G2 when it arrives. You must have me confused with the other 'Bart Davis' who sells detectors -- we happen to have the same name.

If I stumble across any nuggets, I'll be sure to post pictures.

Bart