Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gadzooks not another penny signal??? Not all the time a penny!

zeekeys

Here in Wisconsin we are having a bumper crop of pennies. Must be from the heat and rain this summer? Just in 5 hunts I have harvested 245 pennies. Pennies are growing all over the place!!!
Here is a new site and I only got 1/4 of the site done today. The ring was 61-63 signal and I said, oh good another zinc penny? NOT!!! It was about 3" down. Thanks for stopping in.........Z

Looks like a nice silver ring there Zee. My last hunt I found a cool looking folding knife in good condition which was a pleasant surprise, just another one of life's little pleasures . Who knows what you might find in the other 3/4 of this site.

Pennies, yikes! Good looking ring...looks heavy. Wonder why the low reading? Good swinging there Z.. Oh, what area of the badger state are you? Didn't know you were in tundra country. Or, if I did, that cell died. HH jim tn

Good job Fine Sir !!

n/t

Thanks for looking in guys.

Sl52: I was going to go a park that has been very active this summer but when I got there all kinds of activity was going on in the park so I moved on to a site that I have been looking at for 2 years thinking it might be worth swinging for a few minutes? Was I surprised again. There were so many penny spills. Just couldn't swing and move a lot. One penny spill I think, it took me 15 minutes to clean up? Most of the pennies lost in the grass. The F70 went crazy like a machine gun and double beeping. I plan to move deeper into the site tomorrow. Just stayed on one side today.

Jim I had the same question because most of my heavy 925 rings come in, in the quarter range. I live in Milwaukee. Downtown. Rent. Jim every morning I put Miracle grow on the top of my head hoping that the cells that are there will reproduce..:rofl: I think it is working because I think I have about 20 cells up there now? Don't know how many are working though? :confused:

Elton I already have thousands of pennies to tumble. My hunting partner has a 13 pound rock tumbler and has offered to tumble them for me this winter for a ring that he is interested in that I found. I hope he will tumble them. I will have plenty of mad money than maybe $20-$30. :clapping: Wife says the ring has a blood stone in it? What ever that is? It's not my blood?

Mike: I think it is a fine ring. Just feel sorry for the lady that lost it because it has some wear on the band so she must of had it a long time? Mike a question or 2. I am just about ready to get a F44 but thinking of putting a F11 coil on it. Is the 7" coil much lighter than the 11" coil? With all the detectors I have had I almost never used the standard coil or a bigger coil on them. Always went to a smaller coil. I like the 6"-8" size. Thanks Mike.
Thanks to all .........Z

Zeekey, nice finds at a new park. Did you ever think of getting a creeper and put air tires on it?----after1----

Nice ring Zee!

My best penny signal on my F75, was at an old park next to a giant tree. It came in the zinc range, and I though maybe it might be an indian head, it was a solid lock, and at 6" deep I recovered a 24K gold asian mens ring, it was quite the surprise!

You just never know unless you dig it.

HH,
Brian

zeekeys said:
Here in Wisconsin we are having a bumper crop of pennies. Must be from the heat and rain this summer? Just in 5 hunts I have harvested 245 pennies. Pennies are growing all over the place!!!

Even over here in central Wi in the sand the do so well I think they are crowding out the big silver Z.-----:rofl:------HH---IB

A1: that is a great idea but I would have to talk the wife into carrying the creeper around for me and I don't think that will fly? I have trouble carrying my Sears 6" screwdriver, pin pointer and portable park bench (Aluminum cane). I stay light so I can move at super sonic speed. :pinnochio I gave up jogging when I was flat out moving at full speed when a girl eating an apple with high heels and mini skirt on passed me up. Some people just like to show off!

Cal nice find. The surprises just happen. You couldn't plan it any better. If I didn't dig pennies I would have missed the ring and got 5 coins for the hunt. As it was I got 32 pennies that I put into the can for the bank to cash in.

IB: I just go out detecting for meditation. On the last hunt I was out for almost 3 hours but the police stopped and came into the park and started asking me about detecting. Seems he has a detector in the closet that hasn't seen the light of day for decades. That was 30 minutes. Than the construction guys that are digging a big hole in the street came over on their lunch and asked me what I was finding. I pulled the headphones out of the detector and showed them what the sound I was listening to and how it works they each had to try the detector out to see if they could find a coin. That was another 30 minutes. So it is in my detecting world. Homeless, prostitutes, winos, and you name it enter my world every day. It is a pleasant surprise every hunt.....Z

Oh man, somehow I fear I passed up a bajillion 24k asian rings........

Ronstar: It is said that you have to dig a thousand tabs or foil to get a gold ring. I would rather dig 1000 pennies and come upon a gold or silver ring. That one gold ring and 99% of the tabs and foil are still in the ground that I haven't dug.Thanks.....Z

Jim,
The 7" concentric on the F11 is a nice coil. It is well built and doesn't look cheap. It is one of the few concentric coils I like. They slightly squeezed the inner recieve coil for better separation and ground coverage. It is lighter than the 11" teardrop on the F44 and works well with it.

I'm writting some long wordy stuff I'll get up soon.

HH
Mike

Mike I have a F44 coming, maybe this week? With the 7" and the 11" coils. Cleaned up both pair of the Koss UR29's. Also use on the ear Koss KTXpro1's for the hood and hot weather hunts. Will be running a new set of hunts starting at #1 with the F44 and 7" coil. Hope to get in 20 hunts this season with the F44. Thanks Mike for all your help.......Z/Jerry