Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GAma 6000 sees no

dioramix

GAma 6000 sees no standing liberty dollar 1991
does not see the larger silver items checked himself
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIzMpSAHpQ0[/video]

(in my opinion) as does the Delta 4000. With these models, some people reduce the VOLUME control which (in my opinion) should be factory set at maximum and left there. It should NOT be a user adjustment.

Why? Because when it is reduced, as stated in the Owner's Manuals, you will lose target response on larger, higher-conductive targets ... such as big silver halves and silver dollars. I have heard a complaint about bigger silver coin performance from many people who didn't read their manuals. Also, if the Ground Balance setting was way off it might have also impaired the performance. Without the settings being stated, it is difficult to interpret the performance.

C... There is no "Standing Liberty" Dollar. Not in US coinage. There was a Standing Liberty 25

I agree that the effect that the decreased volume setting of the Delta and Gamma can cause some problems with users that either don't understand what is happening, have poor hearing, use inadequate headphones, or combinations of any and all three. BUT I also happen to like the side effect of being able to somewhat control high iron falsing if you're comfortable that there won't be any easy BIG silver present and you want to run the detector "hot". In effect, it's similar to the F-5's ability to notch halves on up so there is some good that can come out of it.

Was the coin on edge? Might help explain it.

About any detector is going to hit on a big silver coin at what looked to be 4-5 inches.