Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garage sale finds

My sister-in-law and I went garage selling at a nearby town. Most of the people were selling at 1/2 off. We got to this one and I found a Bible that was copyright 1895 and the inscription in the back says," Freddie Manning's Book presented by his Mother Dec. 25 1899." I thought that was pretty cool. I also bought a little book that is very thick. The first few pages are missing. In the Preface it says: More than one hundred years have passed over the Christian Church since she was first presented with with the Psalms and Hymns of Dr. Watts.

Now I have figured out that this is a reference to Dr. Isaac Watts. He was born July 17, 1674 and died November 25, 1748. He was an English Christian Minister who is credited with writing over 750 hymns, which includes "Joy To The World" and "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross."

At the end of the Preface it says" James Gallaher Cincinnati December, 1834.

I got both of these for $5.00.

Anyways, I thought they were pretty cool and wanted to share.

Great finds congrats!!!

Congrats Sis Digger on the finds but also jealous, as Isaac Watts is a common ancestor on my mother's side of the family--My cousin Virginia is the head of the Day Geneaology? Group on FB & we have cousins galore related to our group with Watts being our connection --have a grave stone photo of a Watts , who married a Davies but is a Watts related to Isaac! He never married & was said to be very homely! My friend & ex -neighbor sent me a Christmas Card with his song, Joy To The World & about him--I was thrilled & thanked her but she didn't even know I was distantly related & was happy because she just wanted to cheer me up & thought the card fit the occasion--A God Thing??? :shrug: Will tell you more later, as I have to go back & renew my memory on some of it & get the photo of the tombstone, as a new one was purchased with the older one kept with names added! Sorry, I just can't remember what her name was but she became a Davies! Could you take a photo of the writings & dates, as I would like to add them to our Day, Isaac Watts group? Thank you! Sis Ma Betty

MA!!! I would be so very honored if I could send it to you!!! Please send me a PM with your address and I will UPS it this week!!!! :yikes: :clapping: :angel:

WHOOO! I got those "holy goosebumps going on!"