Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garett Freedom 2 Plus

silverseeker 2

Looking on Chicago's Craigslist I saw this Garrett Freedom 2 plus. Went to look at it as it was a 15 minute drive from me.
Upon arrival I met the Seller waiting in driveway. One of the Nicest old timers I 've ever met. We visited for an hour and a half. This Detector has Never been used. Couldn't believe it!
I paid $30.00 for it. Got it home and she fired right up. The
Best part is in the spring he wants.me to come and Detect with him on a1870's old homestead property he owns. He's never detected before but is intrigued by it. His other huge
Property is from the late 30's. Hurry up Spring!!!
Anyway, just looking for any input from some of you ol timers
that might have put this machine thru the paces way back when. Love the Dual knobs discrimination with option of a Threshold or Silent search. For its time it reminds me of a
Tesoro Tejon but not as souped up depth wise. Any input or
Stories on this detector is Deeply Appreciated!!! Happy New
Years to all and hoping America rebounds some in 2022.
Been a Rough year for all Patriots of our once Great Nation
trying to be taken down by SCUM!!! wish y'all the best and
have a Banner New Year.
silverseeker2

It was $345 when new and it runs on 6khz.........and i'd love to have a go with one,looks like it could still pull up a few goodies.Great find.

Nice find! the F2P was my first detector, from back in the late '80's, I believe.

If you don't have the manual, you might still be able to down load the manual PDF from Garrett.

The F2P helped me find the token that won my 2nd detector, a Fisher 1235-X at a Michigan treasure hunt that next year. I still have the 1235-X.

The Freedom 2 plus was a solid machine. Have fun with it!

The conversation, the permission and getting that man out will be far better than the detector. Congrats on all.

Looking on Chicago's Craigslist I saw this Garrett Freedom 2 plus. Went to look at it as it was a 15 minute drive from me.
Upon arrival I met the Seller waiting in driveway. One of the Nicest old timers I 've ever met. We visited for an hour and a half. This

Upon arrival I met the Seller waiting in driveway. One of the Nicest old timers I 've ever met. We visited for an hour and a half. This Detector has Never been used. Couldn't believe it!
I paid $30.00 for it. Got it home and she fired right up. The
Best part is in the spring he wants.me to come and Detect with him on a1870's old homestead property he owns. He's never detected before but is intrigued by it. His other huge
Property is from the late 30's. Hurry up Spring!!!
Anyway, just looking for any input from some of you ol timers
that might have put this machine thru the paces way back when. Love the Dual knobs discrimination with option of a Threshold or Silent search. For its time it reminds me of a
Tesoro Tejon but not as souped up depth wise. Any input or
Stories on this detector is Deeply Appreciated!!! Happy New
Years to all and hoping America rebounds some in 2022.
Been a Rough year for all Patriots of our once Great Nation
trying to be taken down by SCUM!!! wish y'all the best and
have a Banner New Year.
silverseeker2
Really appreciate those that replied. Always enjoy hearing
other Detectorists input and experiences. It's all part of "The Fever"... Happy New Years and hoping 2022 will be a Good one!!!
silverseeker 2