Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garmin 2620 first time use.

Mr.Bill

The Garmin 2620 I ordered arrived Friday. First look it appears to be fairly well designed. Certainly will take some getting use to with such a small screen compared to my lap top. In actual use, the small screen wasn

I use the 2610 and just love it! Took it to Hawaii with me this month and it did a super job getting me around the islands.
al

Is the shocking high price of the detailed city maps. $150. is a stiff price for the same quality maps I was getting with Delorme for my lap top for $39.95.

As usual, I just purchase a unit, and that later that same week they come out with up-dated street maps, = $150.

Oh well !

Mr. Bill

Contact GARMIN. They are not that bad - since you just bought the unit, you may get a free update or a heavy discount on one.

Hi Andrew

I had made a email to Garmin about this after I made the post. They answered me quite promptly, and told me they would issue the version 7 maps to me at no charge. That is the up and coming new version. It's due out Aug. 15th.

They certainly appear to want to be certain the users are happy. Very glad to see it. :) Hurray Garmin :super:

Thanks

Bill

I had it since early Jan. and won't have a vehicle without one ever again. Voice recognition is one thing I'll want in my next vehicle GPS.
One think I like about the memory card units like the 2610 is I can have a seperate card for the topo terrian mapping when I go hunting and have to go offroad.

I still only have the stock 128meg, but sooner or later when I come across a "deal", I'll get a monster size.
I know I'll never have a vehicle without a GPS from now on, they're the only back seat driver, I allow in my cars. :)