Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett ACE 200?

oleterryg

Anyone else out there own an ACE 200? Or am I the only one?
The ACE 200 was my entry into MD exactly 1 month ago. Actually tomorrow will be 30 days.
I've never came across any postings here or anywhere else. Only a rep from Garrett has a video on you tube.

I have the ACE 150, an older model very similar to the ACE 200. It's a basic simple to use turn on and go metal detector. Although I have upgraded many times, I ended keeping the ACE 150, put on the 4.5 sniper coil coil and have often times used it to hunt along chain link fences and playground equipment. Because the ACE 200 doesn't have a pinpoint button, the user can learn to pinpoint by creating an "X" pattern with the coil. Once learned, it can be quite accurate for pinpointing. The ACE 200 will find the same coin sized targets targets in the top 6 inches as detectors costing over 10 x the price.

Thanks for your reply. From the photos they appear the same.
Pin pointing the target can be difficult. Even when I use the X method. Getting better but stilla hit oe miss.

I'm thinking the small coil like you have would do wonders .