Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett ace 250 and pull tabs

Rrnp

Has anyone been able to tell if the target is a pull tab by the way the cursor bounces ? I've noticed when a pull tab is over 4 inches deep the cursor will bounce around. It usually bounces between one above the nickel to the right about 3-4 notches. Not always depending on the shape of the pull tab but when it bounces it's always a pull tab. When I hit gold it doesn't bounce that much. Not that I hit gold anywhere close to pull tabs lol. I've compared targets with a ctx 3030 and the ctx will show a solid number that could be a pull tab or gold but the 250 bounces. Any thoughts?

"I know what you mean as I've seen such things on various detectors thru the years.

But, I can't say it's happening with my Ace 250

I've done a few tests with older 'ring pulls complete' and more modern square 'pull tabs'
Also tested a gold ring large men's band of two different gold mixes.

I'm not getting the 'cursor bounce' but, what I can 'coax' at times are double signals with the ring pulls very close to the coil.

What's happening in your scenario is, the detector 'is detecting' the various 'holes' of the tabs and each hole creates its own 'eddy current', so you're creating eddy currents that you obviously are tuning into?"

Bouncing around. If betting, it's a tab. But some H.S. class rings bounce around just below penny. 16 years found one in that area with a Garrett 1500. Who knows. Looking back, the little Ace 250 has found it's share of Clad, Gold ,Silver. Now, I keep a Sniper coil on it at all times. It's part of what I call my Light Brigade. The other being a beep & dig with a 7" coil. My Ace always leads for finding US Dollar coins, but cause they mostly turn up in tight trashy areas.