Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett AT Gold does powers on does not sound on anything. Am i missing something.

Texas Ted

I just bought a AT Pro so i would have something to use when it is raining or in the water along fresh water lakes. It does not look like it was hardly used. It came on and sounded off on a coin when i went to buy it. I get it home and go over it checking everything over to familiarize myself with it. I checked the batteries, unplugged the head phones and the coil. Then put hooked everything back up pushed the button powered it on, then pushed and held power button in till i got the double beep to restore it to factory settings. Now it does not sound off on anything. It powers on and off like it should just does not detect (sound off) whats going on. Beginning to think i should not have bought a garrett.

I would re-check the coil connector to make sure there isn't a bent pin. If you have another coil I would try that too. I have had to send my ATP in and Garrett has taken great care of me and many others on this forum. Good luck!

Sounds like you didn't get that coil hooked up properly. you gotta be real careful when changing out coils and 'phones. If it still doesn't work right, go to the Garrett website, get the number and give them a call Monday morning. They have a quick turnaround and will have you up and running quick!

The pins are not bent, and i do not have another coil. I may just run it to Garrett myself tomorrow. I think There in Texas around Dallas fort worth area. does anyone have a phone number and address for them. I live about 2 1/2 hrs. from dallas. The detector looks brand new. it was working when i first brought it home. makes me think a pin would be bent since it quit working after i removed cords and battery. but double checked and no bent pins. It does power on. all the buttons seem to work. it just does not sound off when metal of any kind is waved under the coil now. may be a bad coil i guess, but was working fine before checking everything out to familiarize myself with it. I also adjusted the length of rod to fit me. but that has nothing to do with it not detecting metal. Think this is going up for sale when i get it back from Garrett. I paid $650 so i'm going to loose money on it, but my first impression on this detector is poor quality for it to not function from mearly disassembling it and putting it back together again. Had high hopes for this detector now not so much.

OK now i feel stupid. Everything is working now. I guess i should have had my coffee this morning before going over detector. For now i take back everything i said about the quality of the detector. This is what the problem was. I decided to take one more look at it. I had the headphone cord hooked up to where the coil cord was suppose to go, and the coil cord hooked up to where the head phones were to be hooked up. Now i'm a happy camper. just feel stupid but i will get over it. now i can check the pinpoint so when my coil cover comes in i will be ready to give it a test run to a place i have hammered with my Tesoro Tejon, vaquero, and Troy X-3 to see if i can find anything with this that i have missed. Thanks everyone for your help i was about to blow a fuse all is well now.

One time I thought there was a problem with my Vaquero and I was starting to get very cross. Turns out I didn't toggle the switch on my Grey Ghosts :confused:. Glad you got'er figured out!

Glad you got it figured out. I'm just trying to figure out how you managed to switch the 'phones and coil as they are pinned totally different and shouldn't be able to be switched. If this is your first run with a Garrett, don't try to make it work like a Tesoro. They are totally different animals. Too much Sens. and it will become erratic. Some folks run them that way, but I can't see why. If I get a weak good signal, I'll bump it up to try and get a stronger lock, but then it goes right back to about 50%. And as far as that Proformance coil goes, it's tough. I hunt some pretty rocky places and don't even fret that I never use a coil cover.