Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett AT GOLD finds Two Small Nuggets

Hi Folks, I haven't posted much mostly because I didn't have anything important to post. I picked up my Garrett At Gold about two weeks ago and have had a decent chance now to try it out gold prospecting and coin hunting. I did find one 10K ring with 3 small stones at 2.2 grams in weight.

I have been out to my claim which is located on the Fraser River, British Columbia. My buddy came up and after trying his Garrett Scorpion Stinger and his Ace 150 with 4.5 inch search coil, he pretty much gave up and became my digger. That worked out pretty good. We found two small nuggets and unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of the second nugget which was bigger. I ended up giving it to him as he is not from around here and I figured I would get a chance to find another anyways. The larger nugget was 4.6 grains while the one in the photo that I kept was 3.2 grains. Its hard to describe how great it feels to find a gold nugget even if it is small.

I was running the 5 by 8 double dd coil on all metal mode. Ground balance was at 6 and sensitivity was at max. Both nuggets came in strong and if you have never found one before, the machine makes the sound like it does if you pass over a depression in the ground, but the difference is, the nugget give a repeatable sound. So far I am happy with the machine.

Thats funny John!

I have been out quite a bit and I haven't found any more large flakes. Today, I am going out with my new sniper coil. That might be the game changer, but we'll see. Most of the bedrock around here is full of uneven surfaces and when you consider that a 3 grain flake will sound off at around 2 or 3 inches, the sniper coil may make the difference, and luck have it, I'll be coming home later today with some gold!