Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett AT Pro or Minelab X-Terra???

Rick(ND)

Trying to decide between the 2 for my extra detector to use in competition hunting and one I can carry in the car for when I see a spot I can detect. I have a Minelab Sovereign and a CTX 3030 for my serious hunting and they are a bit heavy for competition hunting and hate to leave them in my car in case something happens.
I have used the AT Pro before and the 705 and used them a little, but not enough to get to know them well so I asking what others think that may have used them both and how they worked for them. I did use the AT pro at one competition hunt and it seem to do well for me, but my body couldn't keep up with the detector.

Thanks
Rick

I can't imagine needing such expensive machines for competition hunts. Coins usually aren't buried too deep, but it has been years since I was in a hunt and things might have changed.
I currently use a 705 so am a little biased towards it. I would think a Tesoro Compadre would be the ticket, but it should be checked for chatter among a bunch of other machines.
I know you had 2 choices, so just my opinion.

Rick-----Of the two you mentioned & what you want to use them for--I would (easily) go for the Xterra.-----(IMO), it's just a lot better & more versatile detector than the AT Pro.---It's got a longer transferable warranty (three yrs.) also--if that's important to you.--------Del

I do have 2 of the Compadres here and my wife has been using one herself for the hunts while her main detector is the MXT. I tried the Euro Pro on the last hunt we had and it did OK too as I like to try different detectors myself. I got a chance to get a new 705 at a special price is why I am considering one and it can be used for other hunting too. The AT Pro I had last year was one of the best I have used for my competition hunting, but I can get the 705 for less and just wondering what others thought on one of them.
Thanks for your input.

Rick

Del,
Thanks for your input as I know you like to try different detector too like I do and I had both the AT Pro and the 705 at one time, but never really used them much before I sold them as someone always seem to want to buy them. I been thinking more on the 705 because of the deal that is on them and how the display is bigger too to see with these old eyes of mine for other hunting I do at times.
I hope you been getting out and doing well as I am still trying to learn my CTX yet as I just don't get out too much like I used to as I need a body overhaul as my knees are getting bad and hard to get up off the ground.
Again Thanks for your input as I need all I can get.

Rick

Both is good and I cant help you! I think I would take AT Pro because its waterproof so I can hunt on land, beach and water!