Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett AT Pro

cocksie46

Hi all, I am looking to purchase a new detector and the AT Pro has caught my eye, but I hear that there is an issue with the coil regarding falsing and chatter. Can anyone put me straight on this??? Out here in Aussie they are $850.00 so I don't want to waste my bucks if there is an issue. My main hunting is done on saltwater beaches and old school grounds and parks etc. Look forward to any replies!
Cheers,
cocksie46 (Kevin)

If you purchase an AT Pro, chances are it will be fine. As with all metal detectors purchased from Garrett, if it is not working, they will fix it free of charge. Garrett has one of if not the best warranties and has been building excellent metal detectors for over 40 years by the same original family. :)

There should be no problems. As with any brand new machine rushed into production there are always minor production glitches until they get them ironed out but Garrett is the best in the world for replacing or correcting any glitches free of charge. I wouldn't be worried about purchasing one. It's a great machine and one of a kind.

Bill

Hey, thanks fellas for the replies, I feel a bit better now, so I will order the AT Pro tomorrow. I spoke to the Garrett importer here in aussie today and he said exactly as you guys are saying that any problems Garrett will fix free of charge.

Cocksie46 (Kevin)

But before you order ask for a at pro that has already been fixed, one of the newest units so you dont have to send it to garrett later!

Don't get one the coil falsing and chatter when you twist your arm left and right :blowup: that way there will be more items for us that deal with the falsing & chattering :beers:

Birddog 1

Check with Chuck at Indian Nations (one of our forum sponsers), I bet he would test it for you before shipping to Aussie Land! Good Luck!

The AT Pro is on it's way plus a Pro Pointer. I finished up ordering one from the States, the Aussie dealer didn't have any in stock. Actually saved myself quite a few dollars, just have to wait now. I ordered it off Texas Premium Detectors and they say the delivery time to Aussie is around 10 working days. Can't wait for it to arrive, I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it's one of the latest, without the falsing issue!!!

Cheers,
cocksie46

I got it in one week. I live in Florida and it came by the way of Alaska and then here. It was shipped FEDEX.

Good luck and HH